• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition

Stpierre

Reaction score
So I'm in a rush to work yesterday and decided to stop to this sandwich shop that has been featured in a few food articles (all positive reviews) . Sandwich is handed to me on the most stale,tasteless roll known to man. I toss it after one bite and leave....Atrocity

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ate a delicious peach this morning

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Restaurants encouraging family-style dining with dishes that it makes absolutely no sense for, and then not bringing serving utensils (disgusting)

xpress

Reaction score
Bought some local raspberries a couple weeks ago...
Forgot about them...
Looks like I dismembered a man in my fridge...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
my brother in law is visiting next week, asked him where he wanted to go eat and he told me about some yakitori place. I look it up and it turns out there's two places by the same name - one is Michelin starred and looks interesting, the other has been on Bourdain's show, I think they're unrelated. The brother in law has seen the Bourdain one on TV and wants to go there. The problem is, that one is completely unremarkable and I've got a yakitori joint just steps from my front door that cooks at the same level or possibly better from what I can surmise, and the Bourdain place is about a $50 cab ride away for $2 chicken skewers. Don't know if I am going to give in and take him to an Anthony Bourdain place or what. :fu:

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Go to the Michelin-starred place. Tell your brother in law that the place was on Bourdain a while back but that the it's since been remodeled/redecorated. Problem solved.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the Michelin starred place is far away too (bussing the 6 of us up there in cabs to and from would be double what the meal costs), the local place is pretty good actually, I mean it's on a pretty high level for yakitori. I am probably gonna just school my brother in law on this one, for cost concerns and because this will be the first thing we eat after they're off the plane. Shamo free range gamebird served at varying levels of raw/rare, some decent vegetables, a nice example of yaki-onigiri and a good chicken broth; have with Yamazaki highballs and beer, or champagne, it's a good yakitori place and the transport cost is nil. I might try to find a way to fit in the Bourdain place for him later in the week or the next week, but I also wanted to take them to Gonpachi (the Kill Bill fight scene-looking yakitori restaurant) because it's a requisite gaijin stop...

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Contrary to what people like this blogger (as well as a friend of mine) had to say, I found the "McFoie Burger" revolting. Maybe it was partly because I ate it after several days of really heavy foods, but I actually thought I wouldn't be able to swallow it without retching. (My girlfriend later told me I got a look of panic in my eyes.) Greasy and heavy in all the wrong ways. In fact, the entire meal at Tapas 24 was the worst we had in Barcelona (not counting the "coffee + churros" deal we got at a tourist trap coffee shop).

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stone Barns Farm "Market" is the most pathetic ************* I've ever seen. And it's $5 to park.

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About a dozen squash, some chlorophyll depleted herbs, 25 or so okay looking tomatoes with a do not touch sign and a bearded hipster guarding them, and frozen meat. Maybe some carrots too. LOL.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have to agree it was pretty sad. The farm is beautiful tho and dinner was some of the best I've had.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads