• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet breakfast pastries with cheese

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This grey-ass weather.

Three more months of this shite. I never shoulda left hroiland. I better book some cheapie excape to see some palm trees and get some sun Feb/March for a week soz I at leastz got sumtin to look fwd to.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fedex.

Really, how is this company in business?  3 of my last 4 packages have been late and now I tried to get one delivered at work.  I even paid (I know, stupid of me) to change the address to my work hoping that it would be easier.  Now it will show up tomorrow instead of today?  I call to complain, they further my anger by telling me if the building is closed tomorrow (and it will be) they are off on Monday.  Wtf?  I also couldn't set it to hold at the fedex office right across the street, that the only fedex I could hold it at was like 8 miles away.  

Did you ship a Wilson?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This grey-ass weather.

Three more months of this shite. I never shoulda left hroiland. I better book some cheapie excape to see some palm trees and get some sun Feb/March for a week soz I at leastz got sumtin to look fwd to.

Cheer you up or just make things worse?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Friday:
- Your health insurance cost is going to go up about 600% at the new job (since largely fixed after half a day of worrying by planning how we'll distribute the family between MrsG's plan and mine).
- Someone in your family is going to jail!
- Call uncle who is more like a father to talk about family member headed to the pokey and find out uncle's in the hospital in respiratory distress with declining renal function.
- Older child comes home with a 101-plus-degree fever.

Saturday:
- Younger child decides being about half an hour from home is the ideal time to start vomiting in the car. Then, seems to recover upon getting home only to start up again when you decided it seemed to be a one-time ralphing and head out for errands, this time barfing in the Target parking lot.
- Older child's fever spikes again after seeming to go away, this time almost to 102*.

Sunday:
- One more puke for good measure, this one in the kitchen.
- Same child decides to faceplant while trying to use the potty on her own, hitting either the tub or the toilet, and unleashing a flood of blood from her nose and mouth. Oh, and possibly knocking a tooth out of place, which has led to hours of off-and-on "well, it's not loose, so I'm not sure. Let's look at every picture we can find that involves teeth to see if they're more misaligned now than they were then. Also, is that bruising on her gumline? Or blood? Or something else?"

Last edited:

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a "perfect storm" scenario.
Hope they all get back on their feet and fully recover really fast.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

right?
if chanting could help me grow an afro. . . . .

What is it with people who find religion, they think it's so damned awesome everybody else has to try it?
idiots.
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

when you are having a hard time, they are always the first to start circling.

- if every religion believes they are number one, and hates eachother. but i am able to sit with all of them. in life's situations. and have a happiness that comes from inner strength. and compassion for the fellow man/woman/?  - Aren't i everything they aspire to be?

im a ******* Jedi. and an asshole. and my religion is "The Thrift".

I'm 14 and this is deep...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
G, sending some positive juju for you and the fam!

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

Am I the only person that really hates how the Current Events forum is structured right now? I've come back after a long absence and basically all the discussion is consolidated into a bunch of long "topical" threads. Relative to five years ago, the board is a graveyard with like ten posters who just toss one liners back and forth. The problem is that when you open the forum, you never know what people are specifically talking about, and it makes immediate, targeted discussion impossible. The only way to keep track of the what's being talked about in the forum is to follow every gigantic thread so closely that you know what's presumably going on in each on a given day without a headline to tell you. If we had a new thread for each headline in the news like it used to be, you could discern what was being talked about as soon as you open the forum and get over that hurdle. For instance, there's about five thread-worthy things Donald Trump does every day, and I probably only care about one of them. I want to open the forum and see the specific thread with that headline. Ultimately, seeing a bit of activity in five threads with no clue as to what's inside them makes me give up and leave the forum.

Is this the write place to ***** about this?

This would be a great policy to encourage. I left mostly because of law school and having twins, but I keep thinking about going back to active posting. I haven't because of the same issue you describe. Maybe we should try to start some threads on narrower topics (assuming it doesn't interfere too much with my billable hours). See if the change encourages more participation.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

This would be a great policy to encourage. I left mostly because of law school and having twins, but I keep thinking about going back to active posting. I haven't because of the same issue you describe. Maybe we should try to start some threads on narrower topics (assuming it doesn't interfere too much with my billable hours). See if the change encourages more participation.

Well, just don't let Edina start the threads, as that has been tried recently. They were really just attempts to start some mega-threads of his own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads