• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not really hibbeldy-jibbeldy or pissed--just sad. We had to put our lab/golden mix down this morning. His rear legs had deteriorated to the point where he was in constant pain. He passed peacefully and I'm glad that my wife and I were there with him to the end.

:(

That sucks, I cried more putting my cat and old dog to sleep than I've done at most human funerals.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On a lighter note:

A friend of a friend just named their son "Jacksyn."

Gag.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Every time we go to dinner as a group people seem to talk about the food from the moment it arrives until the goddamn check is signed. I like eating out, specifically the part when I'm able to enjoy my meal without answering a dozen questions about it. How's your steak? How are the potatoes? Is the sauce good? None of us work for a food magazine nor are we reviewing the restaurant. We are not food experts. Up until the moment the food arrives we are having a fine conversation, then it's 30 minutes of pointless and banal remarks. I suppose I'm a jerk because I don't care how my friend is liking his fish, or how his wife is enjoying her pasta, so I don't feel a need to ask them. I suppose I've always enjoyed eating alone for this very reason.

Why not adjust the people you dine out with in groups?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got a nosebleeg because I sneezed too many times in a row. (On the plus side of the ledger, though, I sneezed so many times because it is sunny out, of which it has not been for a long time.)

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Every time we go to dinner as a group people seem to talk about the food from the moment it arrives until the goddamn check is signed. I like eating out, specifically the part when I'm able to enjoy my meal without answering a dozen questions about it. How's your steak? How are the potatoes? Is the sauce good? None of us work for a food magazine nor are we reviewing the restaurant. We are not food experts. Up until the moment the food arrives we are having a fine conversation, then it's 30 minutes of pointless and banal remarks. I suppose I'm a jerk because I don't care how my friend is liking his fish, or how his wife is enjoying her pasta, so I don't feel a need to ask them. I suppose I've always enjoyed eating alone for this very reason.

lol - "table for one"

i actually really enjoy eating in restaurants alone. i order appetizers, a beer, an espresso afterward and i just take my ******* time. then i think about maybe going to a movie. it's pretty amazing.

but to your point, what would you rather talk about? your ******* work week? trust me, nobody wants to hear that **** either.

my own pet peeve is motherfuckers who talk about the weekend at work, then turn around and talk about their workweek at a party! at least your irritating friends are where they are, which is more than i can say about most people who always seem to be wherever they aren't.

can you dig it?

I (sorta) feel your pain. My peeve is extended family meals where everyone has to talk about those who couldn't bother to show up, and then move on to everyone else's medical problems...not general ailments but graphic descriptions of chemo treatments, etc

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

Not really hibbeldy-jibbeldy or pissed--just sad. We had to put our lab/golden mix down this morning. His rear legs had deteriorated to the point where he was in constant pain. He passed peacefully and I'm glad that my wife and I were there with him to the end.

:(

sorry man. that's rough.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The dolce saga continues. The seller is expecting me to pay return shipping saying, "yeah we know the image is wrong but it was in the description!" I'm sure that will fly with Amazon customer service.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Amazon customer service is worthless when it comes to third party sellers.

If they won't pay return shipping, I'll just call the store directly. I've bought from them directly before, and I hate that I was dismissed by the rep like that.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol - "table for one"

i actually really enjoy eating in restaurants alone. i order appetizers, a beer, an espresso afterward and i just take my ******* time. then i think about maybe going to a movie. it's pretty amazing.

but to your point, what would you rather talk about? your ******* work week? trust me, nobody wants to hear that **** either.

my own pet peeve is motherfuckers who talk about the weekend at work, then turn around and talk about their workweek at a party! at least your irritating friends are where they are, which is more than i can say about most people who always seem to be wherever they aren't.

can you dig it?

I rarely discuss work outside of the office unless I'm asked. During dinner I like discussing just about anything other than the food. Talking about the food is fine but not when it becomes the only topic of discussion. It's like trying to watch a movie with someone who comments on everything that happens.

Why not adjust the people you dine out with in groups?

We went out to eat this past weekend. About 3 hours after we left the restaurant we are lying in bed and my wife says "how was your steak?" :lol:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got back from Starbuck where I ordered a brew didn't get the special holiday red cup got the reglar white one. I hesitate to throw around alcusations but I think I might have been discrimineed (anti-Dutch Calvinist bias).

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lotta people now-of-days trying to play it "too cool for school" so to speak be like "Adele ain't all that anyone could sing her numbers with comparable success" or "Her songs all sound the same and they don't have virtue to them" or "Adele is portly and shouldn't be allowed to be a superstar." I'm like "come on, man."

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I took BillinFool's Entrapment 101 course to become entrapmanure like him and he billed me for bout tree fiddy at end of class don't know what else I was expecting
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads