• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I uhh.. just got laid off. They combined the roles of two departments and mine "became redundant." I suspect that I was the highest paid employee in my rank so I'm wondering if that played a large role.

I'm taking it pretty well so far because we're leaving on very good terms. My manager said he'll give me glowing references but wow, did not see this coming at all.

Sigh.

Sorry to hear this.
I'm telling you, have a rootbeer float and get laid. It really helps.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Suggestions for countries to travel to? I want to go somewhere that puts me completely outside of my comfort zone. Somewhere where I can't skate off with English. Also looking for someplace tropical and scenic.

Central America? Eastern Europe?

Anyone ever do this before? Thinking about going away for a month, maybe even two. My best friend wants to join me but I'm leaning towards doing this solo.

To be honest, I'm getting excited about this travel idea. Deleting all my stupid work-associated apps from my phone felt very cathartic. I was getting to the point where certain clients were seriously ruining my day. Like, I legit HATED them as people and wish I could have chewed them out for being so difficult and ******* stupid. That was a sign that the job was getting to me. Maybe getting laid off is just what I needed.. as cliche as that sounds.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Suggestions for countries to travel to? I want to go somewhere that puts me completely outside of my comfort zone. Somewhere where I can't skate off with English. Also looking for someplace tropical and scenic.

Anyone ever do this before? Thinking about going away for a month, maybe even two. My best friend wants to join me but I'm leaning towards doing this solo.

To be honest, I'm getting excited about this travel idea. Deleting all my stupid work-associated apps from my phone felt very cathartic. I was getting to the point where certain clients were seriously ruining my day. Like, I legit HATED them as people and wish I could have chewed them out for being so difficult and ******* stupid. That was a sign that the job was getting to me. Maybe getting laid off is just what I needed.. as cliche as that sounds.

I am researching Austria and Hungary for this September.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GF - Brazil and Argentina, dude. Although it's only tropical in some places

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brazil sounds awesome. My friends and I were planning to go there sometime.

Anyone ever been to Colombia? Will I get kidnapped by drug cartels there and beheaded? :cry:

eduardo14

Reaction score
I'd suggest Spain or croatia..if u avoid all the major cities in Spain..not many ppl speak English at all..

I'm not sure about Central America but I think most of S America requires a visa

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brazil and Argentina both require visas, yes. Well technically, Argentina calls theirs a "reciprocity fee", but w/e

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I went to Albania last summer. Beautiful and undeveloped. Imagine Croatia twenty years ago.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

False. Free money comes of it and free money is good.

I guess we just have different priorities then. Hope things work out for you.

I went to Albania last summer. Beautiful and undeveloped. Imagine Croatia twenty years ago.

Albania
Albania
You border on the Adriatic
Your land is mostly mountainous
And your chief export is chrome.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads