• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey, you know that thing your father does where he tells the whole family he once again has late-stage terminal cancer every time he ***** up his life and wants attention? Pisses you off, doesn't it?

Oh, wait, that's just my father?

Damn I was just working my self up about my own family issues but I feel a bit better now.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
THink that was Biscotti. I am still waiting for him to register on Style Forum. He would get along well with the other Neanderthals on here.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was a guy be tried to do a farmer blow but failed to where he had a bunch of mucuses hanging from his nostrils.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just figured out that clicking the green arrow conversation thingy takes me to my last unread post on my computer. On my phone it automatically does this when I click on a thread so I was just reading my threads on my phone because I thought it was easier. Ugh, I am an idiot sometimes...
baldy[1].gif

*noob alert*

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I told this women where she could print in the building for free. She said, "okay cool", and proceeded to the computer that required cash. The machine wouldn't accept her dollar bills.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do you watch House of Lies? 

I don't. The premise looks interesting, and I'm a Don Cheadle fan, but I've never given it a go.

That sucks, G. When your parents act more like children it's tough to deal with.

Thanks, Piob.

And, yeah, it's pretty ******. I can't even begin to understand this type of stuff, so I just use it of stuff as guidance on what not to do as a parent.

Damn I was just working my self up about my own family issues but I feel a bit better now.

Yeah, the stories about my family, mostly my dad, have that effect on people.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
J Lee retiring.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woke up to a stomach virus. Never has my insides felt so twisted as I puked.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Hate to break it to you but that's not a stomach virus.

Last edited:

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I should have just gone home early.

Went out diving today and the tide picked up pretty quick. A wave caught me and smacked me around a reef and i ended up with a busted head and minor cuts all over my arm.
Don't think the head will need stitches but I'm still pretty worked up about it.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn I should have just gone home early.

Went out diving today and the tide picked up pretty quick. A wave caught me and smacked me around a reef and i ended up with a busted head and minor cuts all over my arm.
Don't think the head will need stitches but I'm still pretty worked up about it.

And they tell us sport is good for our bodies and souls..

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've covered this in a couple other threads, but I'm a couple months removed from walking away from a three-year relationship that was filled with a lot of baggage. She had two young kids, who I grew to love as my own. We lived together for a little over a year before she bought a house. It was always going to be just her name on the mortgage, but the future for us seemed so dim that I got my own apartment around the time she was closing. She was surprised, even though I'd talked to her a few times about thinking it might not be a good idea for us to make the move together.

We agreed that even if we split, it probably wasn't a great idea for me to just vanish from the kids' lives. The father of the children killed himself a few weeks after we moved in together, so they've already experienced a sudden parental loss. I was enjoying this arrangement until three weeks ago when I found out she was talking to someone from her work. He's a bit older than us (he's 43 and we're both 30), and is nearing the end of a year-long divorce from a near 20-year marriage and his two kids of his own (9 and 11). He makes a considerable amount of money, hence the drawn-out divorce. I know little about him, but it really sounds like he and she come from really different walks of life.

I know us not being together is probably the right thing in the long run, but it's the kids thing that has me really hung up here.

It's really bothering me is how quickly this new relationship is progressing. I expected them to see a lot of each other and hook up, but it seems like he spent most of the last couple of days with her and the kids, and I'm pretty sure he's been staying the night, too. I've inferred this last part because I've had to go a couple places where the main route takes me right past her street and I've seen his car in the driveway really early in the morning.

None of this would seem too quick if kids weren't involved, but it's barely been a month and she already has him staying overnight when the kids are there. I still seem them sporadically, but she tells me they still think of me as being part of the family. The 6-year-old girl includes me in drawings of the family, for instance. So while they're still too young to REALLY know what's going on, I just feel like it's irresponsible on her part to have him staying the night and being around the kids this early on. I would even think it'd be cool if he stayed the night, but got out of there before the kids were up, but I doubt that's what is happening. The girl has already had to deal with the sudden death of her father. Then I was gone. Now here's this guy. And who knows, it might get serious. But if it ends, that's just another loss the girl will have to deal with.

I know I can't intervene, but I find myself really uncomfortable with how quickly she's accelerating this new relationship. If it weren't for the kids, I'd just totally withdraw and do the no-contact thing. At this rate, I might have to do that, anyway. I just can't bear to watch this unfold so quickly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads