• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some days I just get to thinking that y'alls are wack in the mente.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know where that thread goes after the first page (or why it is 11 pages long), but I'm glad they sussed out that Manton is a lefty right away.

I am 95% sure that is why I tied my shoes wrong initially. I was taught by a righty, and probably flipped a step around in converting it to lefty. But the fix is super easy...just reverse your starting knot. Doing it that way preserves the decades of muscle memory in the "hard" step of actually forming the bow.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am going to make a straight up serious post my spatial perception is almost impossibly bad, to where you might wonder how I manage to put on a shirt or something like that. When I get a knot in my shoe laces, I become completely confused to where I just pull at the strings randomly until the knot comes undone. And so I don't even care if I get abuse heaped upon me, I am going to tie my shoes in the simplest way I know how. (I am also going to lace my shoes up in the simplest way I know how, even what people be heckel me for it.)

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There were two pages of WAYWRN (CM) where they were debating the proper way to lace shoes... and dudes were ******* serious about how it matters to your overall look. ***** please.

You realize you are on SF right?

In related news, it looks like after being *ridiculed* for her poor shoelace technique, Taylor Swift has now learned how to do it correctly:

Does not care about shuus bows, only cares that her ankles are thinner than my bowener.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know where that thread goes after the first page (or why it is 11 pages long), but I'm glad they sussed out that Manton is a lefty right away.

I am 95% sure that is why I tied my shoes wrong initially. I was taught by a righty, and probably flipped a step around in converting it to lefty. But the fix is super easy...just reverse your starting knot. Doing it that way preserves the decades of muscle memory in the "hard" step of actually forming the bow.

I'm the responsible party. Thought I was making a harmless comment but obviously it pushed M over the edge and he took it as criticism as opposed to a constructive question.

As a lefty whose parents didn't teach me to distinguish between a granny and a square knot, I assumed it was left handedness that was to blame. Turns out I realized a few years ago that my righty brother also ties a granny knot - so I guess my parents just did a bad job all around.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a cheap bastard. I should splurge on myself moar.

In b4 HRoi / lawyerdad wordplay joak on "splurging on myself"

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't realize it was possible to tie a granny knot.

I also like otc's lefty theory

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads