• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ain't never seen Harvey Birdman wearing Dockers hehehe!

Thank you for the support, L'in. I do not even own Dockers. Also the term "middle aged" I am not. Furthermore that term is meaningless as just about everyone under 50 alive today has a good chance of living forever in a sexy robot body.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pissed off that I missed that 65% off hacked coupon code last night for RL *sigh*

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Thank you for the support, L'in. I do not even own Dockers. Also the term "middle aged" I am not. Furthermore that term is meaningless as just about everyone under 50 alive today has a good chance of living forever in a sexy robot body.

You're under 50?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a student who, when he writes, just stops at random points before the end of the word. He doesn't abbreviate the words in standard, recognizable ways; he just stops writing the word at an apparently random point. For example, "contradiction" is sometimes just "contradi" and "individual" is just "individu." Needl to sa, this mak it diffi to compr.

EDIT: Apparently "comp" stands for "compliment."

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Reaction score

I have a student who, when he writes, just stops at random points before the end of the word. He doesn't abbreviate the words in standard, recognizable ways; he just stops writing the word at an apparently random point. For example, "contradiction" is sometimes just "contradi" and "individual" is just "individu." Needl to sa, this mak it diffi to compr.

EDIT: Apparently "comp" stands for "compliment."

Does he do this when typing papers and such, or only when writing longhand (which I assume mostly occurs in timed exam settings)?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does he do this when typing papers and such, or only when writing longhand (which I assume mostly occurs in timed exam settings)?

I have only seen his handwriting. I would certainly hope he wouldn't do that in typed papers, but I guess I'd also hope he wouldn't do it in handwritten exams! It is such a strange thing to do. It took me a long time to grade his exam, just because I couldn't figure out what the hell he was trying to express.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Being a professor must be very depressing at times. One of my friends taught empirical analysis for a year and his alcohol consumption went way up as a result.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Being a professor must be very depressing at times. One of my friends taught empirical analysis for a year and his alcohol consumption went way up as a result.

To be completely serious, I love what I do and wouldn't trade it for any other job. Of course I get frustrated from time to time, but I imagine that would be the case in any line of work. (Judging from the PO'd thread, it looks like everyone gets into that "furyzone" betimes. Even Conne.)

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google isn't helping me find a pandora station with the joyous music one would find in a bar mitzvah.

lawyerdad

Reaction score

The trials and travails of the bureaucracy can betimes bring one into the furyzone.

Your NY tax dollars at work:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I live in the Irish neighborhood of STL (Dogtown Junction or just Dogtown). Well you can guess what they did they made all the traffic lights green in honor of St. Patrick's Day. The people were supposed to understand that the light on the top means stop, even what it be green. Looks like there was lots of crashes people figured green meant go irregardless of where it was in the hierarchy of lights.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

To be completely serious, I love what I do and wouldn't trade it for any other job. Of course I get frustrated from time to time, but I imagine that would be the case in any line of work. (Judging from the PO'd thread, it looks like everyone gets into that "furyzone" betimes. Even Conne.)

I imagine that even the people who love what they do don't love everyone they work with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads