• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pissed off that I heard really bad news about my dad and posted it in 'things that are making you happy.'

If it helps, we all assumed it was a positive update, not that you want your dad to be sick. Missing the thread you aimed for is totally understandable, given the circumstances. Here's to your dad getting better.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

After our final school tour and administrator interview yesterday, I think we're settling in on a school choice for my daughter next year. Cerebrally, I think we are making the right choice. The school we are leaning towards is the slam-dunk tiger dad choice, with what is likely to be a highly competitive environment, the largest endowment, the best facilities (it looks like an elite college), and by far the greatest breadth of different activity opportunities. However, I worry that its size and competitiveness may not be the best fit for my bright, but often stubborn, often dramatic child whose limiting constraint in life (from what we can ascertain at age 4) will not be her brain, but her heart. I also wonder if such a wonderland environs will deny her a sense of real-world grounding. Last, it is co-ed, and I really would have preferred a single-sex environment. I think.

Anyways, this will mean taking her out of the school she is in. She is very happy there, she is familiar with the surroundings, the community is wonderful, and the environment very supportive and nurturing. It's also close to our home in the city, and it is one of the reasons we chose to live down there. The new school is not far from my office, but still 30 minutes from home and will shift our family's center of gravity towards the county.

I desperately wanted the current school to have the goods, but it's clear they are a step behind in STEM education and I don't like their foreign language philosophy. I think the current school would be a more ideal environment for her, but providing a cushy surrounding for your child at the expense of the very best possible education and breadth of opportunities seems a silly, first-world choice.

Anyways, I am disappointed it has come down to this.

Douglas - I am sure that you will make a decision that you will be happy with in the long run. in a lot of ways, it is the social environment that is most important for kids, they find ways to challenge their brains if they have a group of friends that challenge them socially.

good luck

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I keep getting phishing robocalls from random 800 numbers offering some amount of money back on my AT&T bill.

Tried to go to the website and it was clearly a phishing site...and the ones from the last two days have already been blocked by Chrome (they just keep changing the amount of money so it is like scam100.com scam200.com scam300.com).

wish this **** would go away.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm in the process of moving offices and in doing so, taking a ton of old junk that's been buried at the bottom of filing cabinets and old drawers and boxes under my desk and combing through them, determining what to toss, and organizing the rest. In the process, I ran into some photos that have to be 12 years old or more of a younger me and an old flame. I'm very happily married to a woman whom I dearly love, who helps me to be the very best version of myself that I think I can achieve, we have a beautiful daughter, and she is a wonderful mother, but it's amazing how some of those old feelings never die. It was a very conflicted, guilty feeling, remembering great times once enjoyed and wondering what might have been, in a different life. Overall, I am confident in the decisions I have made in life and love, but the old photos, for a fleeting moment, caused a daydream of another path I might have trod.

Anyways, I wouldn't say it pissed me off, so much as it was amazing just powerful the rush of conflicted emotions a few photos of a different, happy time could evoke.

Last edited:

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a career change--I feel like I have no life these days, and I'm pretty much always tired and ****** feeling. I know, I know..."welcome to the real world", but I think my lethargy and lack of enthusiasm for life in general probably also stems from the fact that I work alone at weird hours in ****** conditions.

dohare

Reaction score
I need a career change--I feel like I have no life these days, and I'm pretty much always tired and ****** feeling. I know, I know..."welcome to the real world", but I think my lethargy and lack of enthusiasm for life in general probably also stems from the fact that I work alone at weird hours in ****** conditions.
are you in public accounting? if not, i dont think you have room to talk from jan 15 - end of march

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to host a dick-measuring contest here; rather, I'm here to only ***** (I'd rather blow steam on the internet than real life). I am on-call pretty much seven days a week, which means I can't do anything that I want to do even when I have time.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I enjoy them, I just think they are never worth what you pay for them. $100 or a $100 bottle of wine that achieves the same plus more benefits? The wine wins every time.

From like March of 2013 to December of 2013 I was receiving free massages on a weekly basis. I do miss that.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

are you in public accounting? if not, i dont think you have room to talk from jan 15 - end of march

Are you a child laborer forced to work 16-hour days in a sweatshop to produce cheap consumer goods for markets thousands of miles away? If not, I don't think you have room to talk ever.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** ya'll I'll talk all I want.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads