• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought you moved on the 15th.
That was the original plan, but I had so much **** (academic) that I needed to do because I have sources in Denmark that aren't available online or in Iceland that I had to push it back almost a week. I barely got the **** done as it is, and I wound up basically running just short of 20km today to get to all the **** i needed to before it closed.

Also, why the **** did I go to the post office today? Literally 1.5 hour wait.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My wife and I switched to their banking when we combined accounts when we got married. That was 10 years ago, and I have no complaints. Their customer (er..."member") service is as good on the banking side as it is everywhere else, and it has a lot of perks. They pay interest, reimburse me for ATM fees, etc. The only complaint I ever had was that you used to have to mail in deposits, but they fixed that a number of years back by making it so you could deposit at UPS stores, and they've had scan-in and mobile depositing for a number of years now.

They're not great if you need in-person branch banking, but they're fantastic otherwise.

This jibes with the other reports I've gotten. I don't do much in person banking at all - usually just the random deposit whenever I have cash or someone hands me a physical check.

I really like my credit union, but I imagine that we'll switch accounts to something more national whenever we leave Dallas. They're really only hear in the north Dallas area, let alone any other place that might hire me on as a physicist.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You're not. You'd know if you were.

like they would have contacted me? i know my grandparents fought in the wars.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

like they would have contacted me? i know my grandparents fought in the wars.

The first people eligible to join USAA are veterans. After that, a veteran USAA member (I don't recall whether or not they have to be family) can add you to a plan, and you become a USAA member. After that you're eligible to use USAA services. I'm not a vet, but my Dad is. He and my mom switched their auto insurance while I was still on a plan with them, so I became a member that way too.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

He doesn't drink. He does ride a motorcycle and have two sleeves of tattoos.
He went to a military middle school and high school. The stories of what they would do each day sound like utter ******* torture, especially during a formative time in ones life. He said he went off the deep end when he when off to a "normal" college.
scrooge_mcduck.jpg

We would jerkoff on school newspapers and throw them under each others doors. Freshmen were suppose to deliver the school paper to everyone in their unit by sliding it under the door. So you'd replace the real paper with one full of treats.

I mean the proverbial we.

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The other guys are the right track re: USAA.

You have to have either served or have membership passed down by a parent who was a member. So, in my case, my mother's father served and joined, he passed membership to my mom, and my mom passed it to me.

IIRC, if you receive it via the pass-down route, you can't have ever cut ties with USAA. That is, you have to become a member and stay one, but I know they've tweaked the requirements in recent years, so I don't know if the become-and-stay-a-member thing is still the case.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your parents would have had to have used a USAA product that they were eligible for through your grandparents.

The first people eligible to join USAA are veterans. After that, a veteran USAA member (I don't recall whether or not they have to be family) can add you to a plan, and you become a USAA member. After that you're eligible to use USAA services. I'm not a vet, but my Dad is. He and my mom switched their auto insurance while I was still on a plan with them, so I became a member that way too.

The other guys are the right track re: USAA.
You have to have either served or have membership passed down by a parent who was a member. So, in my case, my mother's father served and joined, he passed membership to my mom, and my mom passed it to me.
IIRC, if you receive it via the pass-down route, you can't have ever cut ties with USAA. That is, you have to become a member and stay one, but I know they've tweaked the requirements in recent years, so I don't know if the become-and-stay-a-member thing is still the case.

thanks for the rundown, guys. i dont know anyone who has it, and my parents dont either, so i guess im SoL. for now.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alright... This is gonna be an odd question. Is there a reason many conservative Jews don't join the service in the US? I don't know what it's like in Israel. Did they object during the drafts? I really have no idea.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Alright... This is gonna be an odd question. Is there a reason many conservative Jews don't join the service in the US? I don't know what it's like in Israel. Did they object during the drafts? I really have no idea.

They make you march on Shabbos. And spam.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there exemptions to service in Israel? I was under the impression that all israeli's were required to serve 2/3? years upon turning 18.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Are there exemptions to service in Israel? I was under the impression that all israeli's were required to serve 2/3? years upon turning 18.

Ultra-Orthodox get a complete exemption I think. I also believe other Israelis are getting tired of that and moving to change it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads