• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having some rough weather and I can't sleep. Worst has passed for now but watches/warnings for tornadoes/severe tstorms until 5am now.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the fact in not in bed now

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a potential deal fell through, and part of another.... one of those days..

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought my quest for a cheap polo that fits slim and doesn't get too short after a few washes was complete...
Lands end catalog made it seem like I could get their new polos (which look nice for a cheap polo) in tall sizes and tailored fit. Slickdeals provides me with a beautiful 20% off clearance + free ship code...

Turns out you can't mix tall and tailored fit
frown.gif

Either you get an extra 2 inches of length but ZERO chest to waist drop or 2 inches shorter but with 3.5-4 inches of of drop.

Ordered 2 sizes (good thing you can return to sears) and will see I often need the length of the large but the body of the medium...but why must they assume anyone who wants a tall size must be fat.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
**** **** **** **** **** **** ****. i have a retired ex-emp. who i retain for some sales and customer service trips. he has a lot of experience and he's very loyal and it's a relationship that works out pretty well for both sides. but he does irritate me sometimes because when i send him on a trip i end up playing travel agent for him. well, this time he called me fishing for a trip to asia but it made sense for our biz and i went ahead with it, but pushed back and told him to book the flights. well, the only flights he could find were outrageously expensive so i ended up finding something cheaper and then by that time it just made sense for me to book it. that's when he mentioned he wanted to take his new wife along for the trip. it's something i don't mind every now and then and he's earned it so i said ok. anyways, it turns out i booked the flight with the wrong name (well, incomplete name) and now it's impossible to change without cancelling the trip and re-booking, but the same flights are now not available and he'd have to fly separately from his wife etc etc etc plus cancellation fees and fare changes blah blah blah. this is costing me time, aggravation, and now probably at least a grand. no good deed goes unpunished.
ffffuuuu.gif

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a text from my girlfriend saying "Animal sex is sick nasty"

So much for that one...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas

i have a retired ex-emp. who i retain for some sales and customer service trips. he has a lot of experience and he's very loyal and it's a relationship that works out pretty well for both sides. but he does irritate me sometimes because when i send him on a trip i end up playing travel agent for him.

well, this time he called me fishing for a trip to asia but it made sense for our biz and i went ahead with it, but pushed back and told him to book the flights. well, the only flights he could find were outrageously expensive so i ended up finding something cheaper and then by that time it just made sense for me to book it. that's when he mentioned he wanted to take his new wife along for the trip. it's something i don't mind every now and then and he's earned it so i said ok.

anyways, it turns out i booked the flight with the wrong name (well, incomplete name) and now it's impossible to change without cancelling the trip and re-booking, but the same flights are now not available and he'd have to fly separately from his wife etc etc etc plus cancellation fees and fare changes blah blah blah. this is costing me time, aggravation, and now probably at least a grand.

no good deed goes unpunished.
ffffuuuu.gif

Did you book it with a CC? They might be helpful here...some cards have pretty good flight protection and this is really a pretty bullshit reason why the ticket will have to be cancelled (I wonder how many people get screwed by the "correct name" ****...I have a lot of asian friends who have some crazy names on their actual passports and I always feel the need to triple check when buying tickets)

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anyways, it turns out i booked the flight with the wrong name (well, incomplete name) and now it's impossible to change without cancelling the trip and re-booking, but the same flights are now not available and he'd have to fly separately from his wife etc etc etc plus cancellation fees and fare changes blah blah blah. this is costing me time, aggravation, and now probably at least a grand.
ffffuuuu.gif

Did something similar before a trip a few years back. Well good ol' American Express was able to fix it somehow with the airline. I was on the phone for about 1.5 hours though.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a letter from my condo board that every resident is being charged a one time fee of $3,000.00 because their reserve fund is low. **** me. I live in the most poorly managed condo development of all time.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
**** me. I live in the most poorly managed condo development of all time.

Lol. Seriously. That condo is to you as HR is to Jon.

Hope everything works out.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
well, this time he called me fishing for a trip to asia but it made sense for our biz and i went ahead with it, but pushed back and told him to book the flights. well, the only flights he could find were outrageously expensive so i ended up finding something cheaper and then by that time it just made sense for me to book it. that's when he mentioned he wanted to take his new wife along for the trip.

Sounds like this guy is taking you for a ride. Is he really irreplaceable? My first thought when reading this (without having the benefit of knowing the situation or the guy), was whether he engineered this from the beginning (i.e., work the right files and get the right experience so that everyone thinks you're essential, then retire and milk ex-employer for contract dough).

The new wife raises eyebrows, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads