• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been in two serious relationships in my life. The first was 25 years and she died otherwise I'm certain we'd still be together. The second one just past 25 years this June. So FWIW my advice would be : You know all that **** you're doing here? If you're doing it at home FUCKIN' STOP IT!!!!!
as I always say, Styleforum is cheaper than therapy.

well, at least it is if you stick to the off topic forums

I usually avoid giving life advice because if you're right people just get pissed.
**** off, old man.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Of course i can't get serious advice from you mooks. :rolleyes: :lol:

we have been together for 10 happy years. And we treat each other well.
we get along just fine. but over the years it seems we have taken turns to be depressed.
And now it's my turn. :confused2:

I still love her dearly. Depression is a crippling illness.
And i fear that she will start to become depressed again also. Both of us depressed at the same time is no good. it will put a strain on our marriage.

Most long-term Gaijins i have met have been sad. 2 guys i know each have their own bedroom. not shared with their wives. They are both miserable.
And a good friend of mine is getting divorced after just 6 years here. it's all a bit grim.

In our case, life has gotten in the way of love and we've lost the spark that we had before. It's tough to get back, and can't be demanded.

@Piobaire is right, i do think couples counseling is a good idea.
After all, We don't fight, we don't argue. we still love each other.
It's not all lost.

Last edited:

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course i can't get serious advice from you mooks. :rolleyes:

we have been together for 10 happy years. And we treat each other well.
we get along just fine. but over the years it seems we have taken turns to be depressed.
And now it's my turn. :confused2:

I still love her dearly. Depression is a crippling illness.
And i fear that she will start to become depressed again also. Both of us depressed at the same time is no good. it will put a strain on our marriage.

Most long-term Gaijins i have met have been sad. 2 guys i know each have their own bedroom. not shared with their wives. They are both miserable.
And a good friend of mine is getting divorced after just 6 years here. it's all a bit grim.

In our case, life has gotten in the way of love and we've lost the spark that we had before. It's tough to get back, and can't be demanded.

@Piobaire is right, i do think couples counseling is a good idea.
After all, We don't fight, we don't argue. we still love each other.
It's not all lost.
I mean, ti think there was actually a large amount of serious advice and discussion there that you summarily dismissed.

Glad to hear you are going to look into counseling, that is probably the best thing

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I was being a little sarcastic. ;)
But yeah, there was some good advice, especially looking at counseling.
My wife is really cool about talking things through also. we talked a little today and it was productive.

And for those wondering, no. My late night drinking is not an issue, she just asks me wtf i was doing in the kitchen last night. :alien:
She plays "Alcheology" trying to figure out what i was up to.

I am a jolly drunk. and i'm sorry if i can't convey that in text.
Not being able to cut loose and party with my friends for nearly 2 years has been a chore. So SF is my only outlet.
I appreciate all of you immensely.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Ngl when Thrift said “we have been together for 10 happy years” I initially thought he was talking to us
cheers-frank-sinatra.gif

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
You should see the **** i read while drinking coffee and you guys are drunk posting.

Gotta love different time zones. It we were all drunk together at the same time it would be interesting.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift, you sound like my dad though he did not drink and smoked a ton of pot. He was never really happy in any of his relationships and self-medicated to get through everything. Also he loved thrift stores. Anyway, he was super depressed and passed it onto me which sucks because I got it from both sides. I would bet the way you are talking on here is reflected in real life which is affecting your son which I don't think you want. Get some help man. Don't just stick things out that suck. Remember how you had your yellow car that was nothing but headaches and heart ache then some nice guy took it off your hands and you saw the world differently? Your wife is your yellow subie and you could see the light.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agnesmefford