• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I took a dive on icy snow while skiing yesterday, I got stuck in a tight chute of frozen snow, straightlined it, then had to dodge a boulder. Went down hard on my side and wound up with a nice set of bruises and scrapes.
I slipped on ice at the carwash once. actually got some air, hit my head on the fender and had lights out for a minute or few.
The dent is still there on the fender.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spitting image of my own daughter. Why the **** do we tolerate this ****? It's ******* insane.

Ask the GOP. As a friend put it, "They seem to forget that the second amendment was ratified nearly a decade before the establishment of the US Army—so of course in 1790 a well-regulated militia was necessary for national defense, then. If “originalism” as a doctrine possessed even an iota of sense, it would have to acknowledge that the original rationale for this amendment had been obsolete for roughly 220 years."

And lets face it, the main reason they want their guns ... well, it's to shoot Democrats in their next assault on America.

Last edited:

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know that guy (peripherally). He was a fixture at Squa Valley (weird, ***** is censored) for years and I saw him around all of the time on the hill and at the bars. Helluva skier - maybe the best pro there back when his famous Alaskan wipeout happened. Haven’t seen him there in a long time though.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh flahut the **** up. Not everything is about you.

Thanks for the yogourt shop shutting her down. Dumbass

This has gotten even worse. The narcissism is astounding. This is a mom & pop business in a pandemic and she made their private messages public to her 100 million followers.

demi.jpg
demi2.jpg

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Who's Demi Lovato?
2. Why should I care who she is?

You absolutely shouldn't. Great point. I care more about the poor guys at the yogurt shop who have made national news because of this awful woman. Maybe it ends up being good press for them ?.

On an unrelated note, every time I vacuum, I get a huge kick out of these massive 200+ year old pine floor boards. They just don't have trees that big anymore. There are only a few that are 18" wide, some are as narrow as 12" while most come in at 16". Our house was built in 1754. The fact that I can see into the basement is character apparently.

IMG_6465.jpg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I know that guy (peripherally). He was a fixture at Squa Valley (weird, ***** is censored) for years and I saw him around all of the time on the hill and at the bars. Helluva skier - maybe the best pro there back when his famous Alaskan wipeout happened. Haven’t seen him there in a long time though.
A friend of mine did almost exactly the same thing two years ago, skiing backcountry out of Whistler. Tomahawked about 1,000' down a chute, tearing his ACLs in both knees. He left in a helicopter and it was a few months before he walked again.

And, also: this guy must have his bindings cranked to the max. He's lucky he didn't break both legs.

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tomahawked once. Dropped a small cornice in a white out onto what I thought was a traverse run out, straddled a mogul and blew off both skis, went head to feet maybe 6 to 8 times. Possibly one of the most violent experiences of my life. Then I had to my skis back

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've fallen that far down a run when I was a teenager...but it was a groomed run so I really just slid for a very long time. Tweaked my thumb (had racing hand guards on my poles) but was otherwise fine.

Luckily my friend was behind me, because it would have been a long long hike back up to collect my ****.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped a small cornice in a white out onto what I thought was a traverse run out, straddled a mogul and blew off both skis,
I know you a speaking english.... But I can't understand you. Seems bad.
I'm pretty sure I've fallen that far down a run when I was a teenager...but it was a groomed run so I really just slid for a very long time. Tweaked my thumb (had racing hand guards on my poles) but was otherwise fine.

Luckily my friend was behind me, because it would have been a long long hike back up to collect my ****.
Could have just taken the lift back up and scooted down to gather it as you go :)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cchristopher