• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Update to yesterday's post in this thread:
1. I packed a suit for the conference, which I am going to wear. BB suit with Charvet tie. I just feel too weird doing my job in something other than a suit.
Good for you, that's what I would have ended up doing, too. :fonz:

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Of all the things you should be focussing on now...it is being thankful that you still have a son to be angry at. Go home, give him a hug and make sure he learned a valuable lesson.

THIS.
Given that things could have been so much worse - count your blessings!
(and take the car away for a week or twenty)
Couldn't agree more. Sorry the accident happened, but glad your son and everyone else involved is fine.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What is that?

It is a car made by Maybach. They give their different models different names, as most car companies do. The name they gave to the model I own is "Crispin." They added LE because it is a Limited Edition.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
geoffrey firmin, as other have said, thank g-d your son is ok. maybe i dod not read the post carefully enough, and not that it really matters, what exactly happened to cause the accident?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is bespoke. :)

Okay, I apologize to you pB. I am sitting at Dulles airport on a layover and I have succumbed to the sillies a little bit.

The other thing I am doing at the airport is typing up minutes from a previous meeting. Yes, you read that right.

Also, I ate a Five Guys hamburger for the first time ever. I am surprised I am still among the living.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Did you go to the dentist before you went to the airport?

No, as a matter of fact I did not! I did, however, go a few days in a row with far too little sleep. That doesn't produce the same effect as nitrous; on the whole it is much less pleasant, obviously.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is bespoke. :)
Okay, I apologize to you pB. I am sitting at Dulles airport on a layover and I have succumbed to the sillies a little bit.
The other thing I am doing at the airport is typing up minutes from a previous meeting. Yes, you read that right.
Also, I ate a Five Guys hamburger for the first time ever. I am surprised I am still among the living.

skip to 5:00 mark for the crescendo.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For some reason that review makes me want to go to Five Guys less.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apparently they have installed a few new speeding cameras on the streets i take to work.

i got in the past week a flurry of tickets in the mail. 5 @ $40 each, for a grand total of $200. so far. and they are all on a pretty major road, the type of road that goes through the whole city and has exits off of it to the city highways. i was cited for doing 40-43 in a 25. what a load of ****. there is no reason for the speed limit to 25, anywhere on that road. and going 40ish is well within the flow of normal traffic over there.

on top of that, i went to the city website to pay them, and even though they have a listed record of all the tickets associated with your tag number, you can only pay 1 at a time. so you have to go through the whole business of selecting the citation, choosing to pay with a bank account to avoid the fee (CC with fee is the default of course), filling in your info (at least there is copy paste for that), and selecting and answering a "secret" question, and confirming the payment, each time. and each time the page has to reload, and its the slowest server in the universe.

**** you baltimore city citation people. **** you in the face. you are a lot of whores.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

skip to 5:00 mark for the crescendo.

I thought it was a good burger, but not that good! (I did not yell "Damn! Damn! Damn!" while I consumed my meal.)

apparently they have installed a few new speeding cameras on the streets i take to work.

That seems really unfair, especially since the normal flow of traffic is often above the posted limit. You'd be a greater danger actually going 25.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I thought it was a good burger, but not that good! (I did not yell "Damn! Damn! Damn!" while I consumed my meal.)
That seems really unfair, especially since the normal flow of traffic is often above the posted limit. You'd be a greater danger actually going 25.

The purpose of traffic cameras is not to increase safety, it is to increase revenue. That's why the yellow light is shorter than on non-camera equipped traffic lights.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics