• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Pahreen

Reaction score
Just ordered a single breasted, two-button, notch lapel suit in charcoal #9. Pretty conservative throughout, but with tapered trousers, two inch cuffs, slight hacking pockets, high armholes, and slim arms. I'll post pictures after it's pressed and tailored.

swooc

Reaction score
the new pic of the guy in the light grey prince of wales looks pretty epic (looks like my next suit will be that
biggrin.gif
). the tapering of the trousers look pretty insane. would like to see a normal standing shot to get a better view of the fit.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Jason, would you consider making a cumberbund out of the facing fabric used in the tux? I'm thinking flat without pleats might go best with the TaT aesthetic...

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received TAT suit pretty quickly. In 3 weeks!!! The fit is pretty good, jacket is a little tight. Sent the suit to be pressed, but am a bit worried since they only charged me $5.95 to do it by hand. I hope they followed my instructions since the suit has MOP buttons. Will post pix once the suit is pressed.

MatthewN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by badsha
Received TAT suit pretty quickly. In 3 weeks!!! The fit is pretty good, jacket is a little tight. Sent the suit to be pressed, but am a bit worried since they only charged me $5.95 to do it by hand. I hope they followed my instructions since the suit has MOP buttons. Will post pix once the suit is pressed.

I ended up (carefully!) pressing the suit myself, because I was concerned the cleaners in my small town would screw something up. Also, it was cheaper that way.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MatthewN
I ended up (carefully!) pressing the suit myself, because I was concerned the cleaners in my small town would screw something up. Also, it was cheaper that way.

Well the morons used that stupid body thing to press it and the actual pant press. I told NOT to do that and thats what they consider by hand. Luckily the suit looks fine and i hope it didnt screw the seams or stretch it, cant do much about it anymore.

a-rock

Reaction score
Notice the new tweeds are up! Can you tell us what the surcharge is for the fabric? Thanks!

Smahatma

Reaction score
I had dropped this off at the tailor probably 5 or 6 weeks ago before I went to Asia for a few weeks, and only got around to picking it up today The amount of skirt flair seems to be decreasing with every subsequent order (the width of the back panel at the hem keeps narrowing despite not requesting any measurement changes; need to find out why?), and it throws off the visual proportion. As as a band-aid solution, I get the waist taken in and try to have the skirt eased out to restore the proportion, otherwise it will look like a sack jacket with no waist suppression. Though there is not enough material to let out the skirt to the original specs, and the resulting shape is not as graceful as the previously ordered jackets that I'm referencing, it becomes especially obvious when in motion. Lighting in this place really sucks; it's very hard to get a decent photo. 1 button house cut Navy #C worsted 2.25" lapel Light brown horn buttons
IMG_0325.jpg
For illustration purposes: a comparison of the first 3 generations and this latest one.
tatjackets.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads