• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Girls that aren't on SF are just like dudes not on SF. They find the styles here weird. Their loss

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why is this so crazy? I feel like people who haven't really spent much time on SF don't initially appreciate the cool fits

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why is this so crazy? I feel like people who haven't really spent much time on SF don't initially appreciate the cool fits

Styleforum, like any community, certainly has its own set of flavours it gravitates towards.

However, there's enough inwards and outwards flow that it's not all that insular. Most people with an interest in fashion are going to have an overlap in tastes with other people with an interest in fashion. It's not going to line up perfectly with what SF likes, but then neither do the individuals themselves.

I dunno, I just don't think its as insular as what you're describing.

I mean, look at all the new-ish members who post fits and comment.

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like 3rdConch0rd's fit, but I sort of wish the collar was undone. Buttoned-up just slightly kills the lounge-y, relaxed vibe (for me). Although I think if the shirt was the same but in white, I wouldn't mind buttoned.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr.Sparkle/Kid Robot vibes

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

there is a big world of stylish people outside of SF

That's not my point. I just meant that for most people who aren't very in depth into fashion the way we are, it takes a bit to appreciate. This is ultimately a pointless debate but my point is a much more reasonable statement than I think you are understanding it to be.

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're over-thinking it. Depth isn't a precondition on whether something looks good or not, which is how most people evaluate the clothes people wear.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads