• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kgfan5

Reaction score
Wc4lW4Qh.jpg

eQCoQ3wh.jpg

helmut lang
common reef
number nine
qasa

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Welcome back @kgfan5

Dirty Denim

Reaction score
Looks great. I've spent the past couple of weeks ordering a few bits from Kapital - one of most interesting Japanese brands for me, although I'm still trying to get my head round their sizing .
I've been looking at the brushed cotton ring-coats, but still haven't worked out whether I can afford to size down.
You should ask bandana almanac about sizing. He knows everything you need to know about Kapital

http://bandanna-almanac.com/

http://www.kapital.jp/e-store/

Last edited:

VitaTimH

Reaction score

I'm halfway joking, they're not outright rude or anything, but they are a bit distant and cool there.

At places like Gullam, Boutique W, Lift, Carrefour, Rick Owens, places that are obviously run by weird nerds quite passionate about clothing, they just seem happy to share all the cool stuff they have on display. At larger places like Isetan, the customer service is a bit less personal, but incredibly polite and helpful without being pushy.

At CdG, they're just kind of... standing around looking cool? I asked if I could try on a $2500 Paul Harnden jacket, and the salesperson just kind of nodded at me and then proceeded to stare at me without offering any kind of followup whatsoever. This is par for the course since I stop by once or twice a season to try stuff on. It's a beautiful store and I like CdG stuff but I hesitate to buy anything there due to the lukewarm service. Seems too stuck up and "fashion" for me. Dover Street Market is the same way, beautiful store and layout with a grand design, but absolutely no feeling of warmth and it's almost always empty. The Uni-Qlo across the street is so much cooler.

Oh man, I know exactly what you're talking about. The CDG store in Taipei is exactly the same way (right down to the blank stare). The people at pretty much every other store are extremely personable.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Geller brick bomber needs something closer in color. It's too contrasty with indigo or black denim. The photos of Geller wearing it usually showed a Richard pant or something closer in color to brick. I think it's a tough piece to style right. Maybe try grey denim?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads