• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oucho

Reaction score
These were about one month ago as it's getting too cold for this sort of thing now
frown.gif

Travail en Famille, COS, E Tautz, Needles

Uniforms for the Dedicated, Dries van Noten, Comme des Garcons Homme, Doc Martens

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Lorcan7 that Soloist coat is neat and all, but it looks like you borrowed it from the theater department and threw it over your regular clothes. Actually I think I get that feeling every time you get a new coat. No hate, I just think you could coordinate better

Besides I think you could use a size up in that Soloist relative to the rest of your stuff

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Lorcan7 that Soloist coat is neat and all, but it looks like you borrowed it from the theater department and threw it over your regular clothes. Actually I think I get that feeling every time you get a new coat. No hate, I just think you could coordinate better

Besides I think you could use a size up in that Soloist relative to the rest of your stuff

Thanks for the feedback Melo.

I suffer from a terrible condition known as Excessive Weird Outerwear Kopping Syndrome (EWOKS). I should probably focus on some other areas of my wardrobe.

Having said that, throwing weird-coat-over-mostly-regular-clothes is also sort of the idea. I'm trying to avoid going too heavily lookbook-ish directional. With mixed results. I actually think it works better here than with the Number (N)ine coat I posted a while back.

Re sizing: it feels pretty perfect (actually a fair bit roomier than that N(N) coat). I have the back belt fully buttoned up instead of partially which is nipping in the waist? It is a fair bit shorter in the sleeve than every other Soloist piece I've tried though.

chupas

Reaction score
Counterpoint/dissent: my absolute favorite part about all of your posts in here (including this most recent one) is that you manage to pull off fits and combos that would look like "area man does hippie-peasant cosplay in expensive clothes" on 99.8% of people (most definitely including me), and look completely natural and comfortable doing it. I say weird on.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you imagine @Lorcan7 and @thatoneguy successfully pulling off a wardrobe swap? I could. Imagine the style that could be farmed.

Last edited:

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Good god that soloist coat, ring too, good stuff Lorcan

EGx2
scarf from Jordan
3 Sixteen
Margiela

This band collar shirt never really felt like me, but I kept it because I love the fabric. It's been called a pilgrim shirt and one little barfly even endearingly called me "that shepherd guy" haha I'm cool with that, maybe one day I'll go full Muir and escape with the flock into the Sierra.

Fades on the jeans look really nice. Were those jeans raw and they faded with wear? What is the name of the model?

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback Melo.

I suffer from a terrible condition known as Excessive Weird Outerwear Kopping Syndrome (EWOKS).  I should probably focus on some other areas of my wardrobe.

Having said that, throwing weird-coat-over-mostly-regular-clothes is also sort of the idea. I'm trying to avoid going too heavily lookbook-ish directional.  With mixed results.  I actually think it works better here than with the Number (N)ine coat I posted a while back.

Re sizing: it feels pretty perfect (actually a fair bit roomier than that N(N) coat). I have the back belt fully buttoned up instead of partially which is nipping in the waist?  It is a fair bit shorter in the sleeve than every other Soloist piece I've tried though.

Yeah it's totally possible that it has less to do with how it actually fits and more to do with the details. The raglan shoulders, the sharply angled seams, and the high and and narrow waist are very suggestive.

I really think it would work better for that^ particular silhouette if it just didn't have raglan sleeves

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree that you could size up on that coat, Lorcan, especially from the rear view. Looks kind of like a girl's fit from the back. Disagree that it doesn't look coordinated with that outfit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics