• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ghostface

Reaction score
thanks for all the comments and thumbs, guys.

Good good

Now the indigo hype the forum has been experiencing can dye down a little.

haha, gooooood one.

@ghostface That is a lovely jacket and what looks to be one serious drop shoulder. I'd like to see some more details of the construction.

the construction on this is pretty interesting. imagine a single* large piece of cloth that is folded over a horizontal bar. the front and back halves are then stitched together at the sides, creating the side-seams, while leaving an opening at the bar for what will be the armholes. the sleeves are then attached to the open armholes. so there are only three kinds of seam--the ones at the sides, the ones connecting the sleeves to the body, and the ones on the sleeves themselves.

*note: what at first appears to be a single, large piece of cloth is actually composed of a number of long vertical strips of cloth that are handwoven together. you can see it in the close-up that shows the "ridges" in the fabric:

^^ i´d love to hear more about the mysterious Gramicci pants myself

gramicci is a company based in california that was big with rock climbers and surfers in the 1980s and 90s. they're big on "freedom of movement", gussetted crotches, and the like. i think you'd really dig the cut of their pants (look at the cotton "original g" model, which is what i'm wearing in this pic). they have a long rise and relatively straight legs that also look good pinrolled a bit. all of their pants in this line are garment-dyed, and some of them have great colors. and they're priced really low compared to niche designers we normally discuss here.

Last edited:

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^thanks, i´ve been looking at the original g pants forever without commiting. Any comments on sizing?

ghostface

Reaction score
they have an elasticated waist and internal belt, so sizing is somewhat flexible. i'm wearing a small and have a ~31" waist. the hem width on these is something like 7.75". the hips are narrow-ish, which is good for me but probably not as good for guys with more lower-body bulk.

in deciding between medium and large, i think it would probably depend on how much volume you want in the legs/seat.

fireflygrave

Reaction score

thanks for all the comments and thumbs, guys.
haha, gooooood one.
the construction on this is pretty interesting. imagine a single* large piece of cloth that is folded over a horizontal bar. the front and back halves are then stitched together at the sides, creating the side-seams, while leaving an opening at the bar for what will be the armholes. the sleeves are then attached to the open armholes. so there are only three kinds of seam--the ones at the sides, the ones connecting the sleeves to the body, and the ones on the sleeves themselves.

*note: what at first appears to be a single, large piece of cloth is actually composed of a number of long vertical strips of cloth that are handwoven together. you can see it in the close-up that shows the "ridges" in the fabric:

gramicci is a company based in california that was big with rock climbers and surfers in the 1980s and 90s. they're big on "freedom of movement", gussetted crotches, and the like. i think you'd really dig the cut of their pants (look at the cotton "original g" model, which is what i'm wearing in this pic). they have a long rise and relatively straight legs that also look good pinrolled a bit. all of their pants in this line are garment-dyed, and some of them have great colors. and they're priced really low compared to niche designers we normally discuss here.

This looks like a not-too-complicated project to attempt for practice, might have to go for it! just have to get some really sick fabric

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good but a little boring?

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so many solid fits over the past few days.

0p5ItxUl.jpg

sasaki-yohinten handwoven jacket
uniqlo linen shirt
gramicci cotton pants
centre commercial suede creepers

So good. If any small-medium dude wants the indigo version lmk...too small for me :/

Last edited:

VitaTimH

Reaction score
@lesamourai I'm not well versed in baller boot design but is that a reversed zipper? So you zip it downwards to secure it instead of upwards? Interesting...

Dirty Denim

Reaction score
This looks like a not-too-complicated project to attempt for practice, might have to go for it! just have to get some really sick fabric

I bought some good fabric from Jim at kimonoboy. There is a section of sake bag fabric that would make for a great piece. He is american but lives in Japan with his wife who also happens to have an Etsy store https://www.etsy.com/shop/indigobluejapan She carries most of the left overs jim wont put up on his store

JIM

https://www.kimonoboy.com/

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads