• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the shoes Eytys? If so, how do you like them? I'm considering picking up a pair.
Correct. They fit a bit small so I had to size up which makes them look a bit big on me both because of that and the extra-thick sole, but other than that I like them. Suede is pretty nice and construction seems solid enough (not that I wear mine a ton, but no loose stitching or anything) so if you're fine with the price and like the design, go for it
smile.gif

Great pics lately, @kindofyoung . You got the whole thing going on from hat to hair to glasses to longer shapes. Really unique and well done.
Much appreciated, especially the last part (for a while I honestly had no idea how I was ever gonna dress unique or really different to anyone else, when there already are so many good posters on here that I take a lot of inspiration from)
thumbs-up.gif

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2d328c8eea2f53427918bd38379616c3.jpg
c38011fabb88e83a1ae69a061cb2175a.jpg
Try number two.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Better. I'd do one more button on your shirt. Lose the undershirt. And you should do something about the cuff boot interface. Either the cuff should come over the boot entirely, or the cuff should rest right above the top of the boot. Right now the cuff in the front is getting caught on the tongue of the boot and lifts up.

fiercekrypton

Reaction score

Better. I'd do one more button on your shirt. Lose the undershirt. And you should do something about the cuff boot interface. Either the cuff should come over the boot entirely, or the cuff should rest right above the top of the boot. Right now the cuff in the front is getting caught on the tongue of the boot and lifts up.

I'm a big dude that sweats a lot. I do physical labor for a living, sculptor. When I loose the undershirt my button up shirt ends up soaked...

Exhibit of what happens...

fiercekrypton

Reaction score

Much better proportions on those pieces. I'd prefer lighter, brown boots but that's a nit-pick.

I'm not completely sure what direction you're wanting to go in but Shoreman is an excellent suggestion as inspiration for casual Americana done exceptionally well (and see Soqueriterum above your post). If you're looking for more dressy denim fits NOBD is worth a look.
is nobd a user as well?

fiercekrypton

Reaction score

I'm no expert but most of the stuff I've handled seems nice enough albeit a bit overpriced like you said. Paid more for this cap than I would have preferred but had been searching for 2 years for one that fit my head so it wasn't that hard to justify anyway (+front is made out of suede which is a nice bonus)
eh it uses snap-buttons, something I just generally associate with kids shirts. A good cheap alternative would be a white uniqlo oxford (the casual "thick" ones)
lol damn
good choice to stay away from snaps though
Good work, and while my initial comment was a bit harsh your outfit is fine in theory. Jeans and boots both look totally decent, a white shirt is almost always good (just avoid the aforementioned snaps) and a blazer with that can totally work. Just try and find something more simple and casual, for example without the extravagant piping around all the edges and in a less dressy/shiny fabric.

Lastly, you might find this website helpful:
http://effortlessgent.com/start-here/
(just scroll down past the books he's selling and read through the articles he has linked and you should have the basics covered for the style you seem to aim for)

thanks I'll check it out.

fiercekrypton

Reaction score

It's not that they can't be paired with denim. It's more to do with context. MoK is right. If the denim had a straighter cut and you were wearing a tweed sport coat the shoes would balance better. But those shoes in conjunction with your more casual look makes them look wrong. 
suggestions on where to find a good tweed sport coat and what color ? In gonna try to get some selvedge straight jeans.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MoK on a roll since he returned. Nothing but awesome fits and a lot of crazy (good) experimentation.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

tubs

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been active on other parts of the forum for a while now. I've gone through both SWD fit threads, but haven't posted fit pics here yet. There will be a bunch of simple fits to start out with to get feedback on fit and combinations. I like posters like synthese, lorcan, gnatty and dlester, and would like to start moving towards those aesthetics.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a big dude that sweats a lot. I do physical labor for a living, sculptor. When I loose the undershirt my button up shirt ends up soaked...

Exhibit of what happens...

Well in that case I guess you could still do one more button on the shirt and use v-neck undershirts.

suggestions on where to find a good tweed sport coat and what color ? In gonna try to get some selvedge straight jeans.

Ebay. Brown is always a good place to start.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads