• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
doggo sweater
PXL_20240205_143815529.MP.jpg
PXL_20240204_210625531.jpg

idlerich

Reaction score
Just before new year I spent a few days away. I got a friend who left his job in the picturesque (though probably dull to live in) town of Evora earlier than planned as he was offered a better job in Italy. His flat was empty but paid for until the end of the year so he kindly said we could spend a few days there.

On arrival I discovered that in his hurry to leave he had forgotten to grab his brand new hat. He said it wasn't worth posting to Italy so I was welcome to it. Now, I never wear hats, you could almost say I have a prejudice against them... but the hat fitted me ok and I was in a town where literally noone knew me, I thought maybe I could risk it. And, despite myself I sort of started liking it, it's been particularly good in the Portuguese winter which is... not exactly cold, a woolly hat would be too much, but this was perfect.

So... what do we think? Where do we stand on hats in general? Anyone know what this type of hat is called even?

(nb slight cheat as these shots are actually what I was wearing over last few days, but I have been wearing the same coat and hat - and unfortunately some random, badly out of place sunglasses which I beg you to try and ignore. I really want to know your thoughts on the hat... the eagle-eyed amongst you may spot that one pic is not even me.)

IMG_20240206_022515.jpg

received_1150307409674231.jpeg

received_327438850298193.jpeg

IMG_20240206_012816.jpg

received_1388416028731166.jpeg

received_1040595123672848.jpeg

idlerich

Reaction score
On Saturday I went to a dinner party at a friend's place, got dressed up in my blue suit. I didn't take a pic but you can get the idea cos there's a photo of (virtually) the same outfit from last summer (the difference being I no longer have those sunglasses sadly).

IMG_20240206_030350.jpg

LiquidSwords

Reaction score
Just before new year I spent a few days away. I got a friend who left his job in the picturesque (though probably dull to live in) town of Evora earlier than planned as he was offered a better job in Italy. His flat was empty but paid for until the end of the year so he kindly said we could spend a few days there.

On arrival I discovered that in his hurry to leave he had forgotten to grab his brand new hat. He said it wasn't worth posting to Italy so I was welcome to it. Now, I never wear hats, you could almost say I have a prejudice against them... but the hat fitted me ok and I was in a town where literally noone knew me, I thought maybe I could risk it. And, despite myself I sort of started liking it, it's been particularly good in the Portuguese winter which is... not exactly cold, a woolly hat would be too much, but this was perfect.

So... what do we think? Where do we stand on hats in general? Anyone know what this type of hat is called even?

(nb slight cheat as these shots are actually what I was wearing over last few days, but I have been wearing the same coat and hat - and unfortunately some random, badly out of place sunglasses which I beg you to try and ignore. I really want to know your thoughts on the hat... the eagle-eyed amongst you may spot that one pic is not even me.)

View attachment 2126699

View attachment 2126701

View attachment 2126695

View attachment 2126703

View attachment 2126705

View attachment 2126707
I love Evora. Great little university town but the nightlife shuts down a little too early.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads