• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing something different with the same jacket as I wore in my last post:

View attachment 2035455
Glasses: JMM
Jacket: BLK DNM
shirt: Proper Cloth
Jeans: Levi’s
Shoes: Mori

Are you open to some feedback? Particularly on the shirt?

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Namnlöst-2.png
Namnlöst-3.png

Rang of Sweden suit, NOS from the 60s-70s
CanoeClub bandana
Vintage high heel loafers

Thrifted Levi’s Type III
Swedish milsurp cotton shirt
H&M women's flared jeans
Vintage high heel loafers

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats a really nice vintage suit. Who made it?

Added details to the original post 👍

Not the most exciting fabric comp (wool/poly) but a pretty unique color/pattern and fits me really well to boot, no tailoring needed. Bonus pic of the suit on its own:
img_7326-jpeg.2032927

And for any others in here who also enjoy tailoring with an SW&D flair, we actually have a separate/additional thread for both outfits and general discussion: SWD Discussion Thread for Tailoring

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why do you think

Well, it's like you wore whatever basic stuff you had and threw this lovely casual tailored jacket over the top of it, hoping it would just bring everything up with it. But it doesn't. It needs some similarly casual tailored pants (at the at the very least not jeans), and something more imaginative in the way of shoes. You could get away with the T-shirt with those improvements, but I'd be tempted to ditch that too.

There's a question of the colour palette: with the colour of that jacket, I would take a look at the palette of someone like @hendrix to see how to get the best out of these soft, almost pastel shades.

nevergreen

Reaction score
Mmmm i don't think a casual jacket needs something that's not denim (denim is casual) and i'm not seeing anything wrong w the color palette. Do agree that I could have maybe done something that wasn't Converse, but I wanted to wear em!
hoping it would just bring everything up with it. But it doesn't.
also not sure what this means lol? what am i trying to bring up? not trying to elevate the outfit or be deep about it, just wanted to wear the jacket 🙂

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads