• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0167.jpeg

Happy autum.

John Alexander Skelton
Layer-0 x2

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day of fall and it actually feels like fall! First time I’ve worn a flannel shirt in months. View attachment 2032819
Sorry for the slightly negative comment, but I don't like the ON's (colors or shape) here. I get that they're probably very comfortable, but they throw off the whole fit IMO. Something more neutral like NB's would help bring everything together.

Tar Heel

Reaction score
Sorry for the slightly negative comment, but I don't like the ON's (colors or shape) here. I get that they're probably very comfortable, but they throw off the whole fit IMO. Something more neutral like NB's would help bring everything together.
I get that but the ON’s are extremely comfortable and I do a lot of walking. This was in the middle of a 5-mile walk. I typically walk 7+ miles a day!

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get that but the ON’s are extremely comfortable and I do a lot of walking. This was in the middle of a 5-mile walk. I typically walk 7+ miles a day!
Sure, but I wouldn’t say jeans and a flannel shirt are extremely comfortable for a long walk.

It seems like a lot of your fits have a theme going, until your footwear where only comfort matters. That’s fine if that’s your thing or there’s a medical reason, but in the context posting it in a fashion forum it seems a little off.

Anyways, keep doing you, and I don’t mean to discourage you from posting.

Tar Heel

Reaction score
Sure, but I wouldn’t say jeans and a flannel shirt are extremely comfortable for a long walk.

It seems like a lot of your fits have a theme going, until your footwear where only comfort matters. That’s fine if that’s your thing or there’s a medical reason, but in the context posting it in a fashion forum it seems a little off.

Actually, jeans and flannel are extremely comfortable to me on long walks and bikes so long as the weather is on the cool side. I can only do me and for me the shoes I wore didn’t disrupt the look of the outfit, but your opinion is perfectly legit. On any given day I see looks here that I love entirely, partially, or not at all. I don’t say much about them but I can learn from all of them, so it’s all good. I have a variety of footwear but how much I walk and the weather often dictate what shoes I put on.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with @malcb33. Also NB and Hoka are extremely comfortable for walking but have more traditional look and shape and you can get them in very clean or neutral material/color combo.

I am just saying that because ON are not the most comfortable shoes of all. And if you consider their look with their comfort, they don't even get in the "top 3" brand options for super comfortable sneakers that also can be paired with casual outfits and don't make you look like you don't care about what you wear because the only thing you care about is comfort. But then you are not wearing the most comfortable sneakers you could get. ;)

Yes, I know, even comfort is subjective as we don't have the same feet and body mechanics etc. But as a person that runs 50-120km/week all year around I got allergic to people saying they buy ON because they are super comfortable when there are plenty of brands that are doing way more comfortable shoes for running and walking - and most of them also look better than all ON shoes. But most people now buy ON because it became some weird almost like status symbol in certain demographics and I can not understand why. Hats off to Roger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads