• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@hoodog I was thinking about your ask for feedback lately, but honestly I'm unsure of what you're looking for here.

If I had to describe how you dress, I'd say it's expensively normal. You have a lot of very interesting individual items and killer Kapital pieces, but I also find that, imo, they come together in a more traditional/classic way. If that's what your intention is, I think you've achieved that goal very well.

You have a bit of a uniform with boots, jeans, and one kind of louder piece. You clearly know what works and doesn't work for your body, and you seem to have a defined stylistic direction. If you were to take good, full-body, fit pics, I think you'd get plenty of positive feedback and thumbs.

I guess my question is, what kind of feedback are you looking for? Small tweaks to nail this look? A whole new direction or just expanding from the jeans & boots vibe? More interesting individual pieces?

zxcvbn

Reaction score
IMG_3826.jpg

To be clear I have thought a lot about how my bernie 2020 tee could possibly affect my future, and genuinely did used to worry about that. I think however my social media feeds, along with my body of written work, both at styleforum, and on private discord servers I've interned with provides a very solid, weighty counter balance to any shirts I wear from time to time. In any case though I do appreciate the concern and advice. and @hoodog you look fine just the way you are

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PXL_20220414_094309854.MP.jpg

Schneider beanie
Veilance jacket
Acronym pants
Nike sneakers

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything looks good except for the coat-the silhouette on u seems too puffy?
You know it's really puffy and it might not be the most flattering thing, but it was also like 35 degrees outside and at some point I have to sacrifice pretending my fat ass has a silhouette to the elements.

speaking of: todays cold weather fit.

CC5F2C7A-5450-458C-A916-0DACB824F6A3.JPG

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
One week to go in the Friday Challenge

Comp-camo.jpg

Entries deadline: 4/22/22

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hoodog I was thinking about your ask for feedback lately, but honestly I'm unsure of what you're looking for here.

If I had to describe how you dress, I'd say it's expensively normal. You have a lot of very interesting individual items and killer Kapital pieces, but I also find that, imo, they come together in a more traditional/classic way. If that's what your intention is, I think you've achieved that goal very well.

You have a bit of a uniform with boots, jeans, and one kind of louder piece. You clearly know what works and doesn't work for your body, and you seem to have a defined stylistic direction. If you were to take good, full-body, fit pics, I think you'd get plenty of positive feedback and thumbs.

Thanks man for taking the time to write this and give it a real think through. I really appreciate it!

I think you've nailed down my preference of style pretty well, although I am not sure what to read into "expensively normal". The term sounds pretty boring and maybe even a bit obnoxious to me, which are things I hope I am not conveying by the way I dress.

I've always liked the older Kapital looks from maybe 5-10 years ago where western, native and american heritage influences are mixed with Japanese traditional stuff together with some "goofy" and "fun" pieces here and there. I guess that's where I wanna be in terms of style as well. So what you say about my "uniform" seems right on the money here.

@hoodog
I guess my question is, what kind of feedback are you looking for? Small tweaks to nail this look? A whole new direction or just expanding from the jeans & boots vibe? More interesting individual pieces?

Good question. I guess the reason for me asking for feedback is that I don't have many (or any) people around me irl that share my interest in clothes. And if they do, they tend to be into CM. So it's hard to get some good input on stuff I wear and what could be done better or different. Or maybe even take a whole new direction stylewise? I don't know, really. I quess I am just eager to hear constructive opinions from people who share the same interest as me and, for the most part, know much more about the subject than myself. Does that make any sense?

Edit: I recall that other members have explicitly asked for feedback before and then gotten very good pointers from the SF community which has helped them evolve. IIRC @flipstah did so a while back and it was really interesting and constructive for me too to read the feedback he got. So I guess something like that would be what I am looking for here...

Have you ever tried lower neckline tees?

I don't know, to be honest. Could you post some example pics? In what kind of fits do you think they would be an improvement? I have a pretty hairy chest though, so there's always that to take into account... 😬

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads