• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hmtwrk

Reaction score
I mean I'm sure you're right, and lots of people try this stuff and stop, but I don't see much harm in trying. Actually I have a personal interest in things that are more dress-like and less masculine, and this kind of aesthetic feels like a good starting point as opposed to an end point for me. Gotta start somewhere in any exploration, I'm aware that what I feel now is likely to be completely changed, that's okay with me.

Also I kinda liked the way the sleeve/tucking worked but I guess that's idk, pretentious? The SWD version of "sprezz"?

judging from your other pictures i think you should "learn to walk" before you "try to run". no offense or anything, but you don't seem to have a sense of personal style or identity yet and what you're trying to do looks extremely forced and awkwardly try-hard. i think your first step should be trying to put together some coherent looks you feel comfortable in, and expresses your perspective on the world instead of trying to shoot for an arbitrary end-goal such as of "exiled wandering drunken street samurai". you admitted that's likely to change anyway.

getting basics that fit well and compliment you would be my advice. if you're looking for exploration, why not go out there and try on 10 pairs of jeans until you find a pair you really like? find some sneakers and boots to match? find a nice fitting jacket, etc. you get the point.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've worn other clothes between those you know :/

I'll post another fit later and hope to see if your mind can be changed, but I hope you'd judge me going forward.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Boppin around the theater before a show.

Needles
Left Field tee
APC
A1923

looks good, how do you like needles and left field tee

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

7a121a210b5bc44ab4c69fff21c3be6d.jpg

Are these your Margiela boots and suit Benes? After a lot of trial and error I can tell you that (in my opinion) the casual suit look needs a T that is less sloppy and loose and more...is structured the word? Throw a less sloppy white T on that and you have the look that I use a lot

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Absolute newb's 1st (official) entry. I welcome any feedback as I am here to learn.

The shirt looks a little tight, IMO. Brad's right about the jeans.

Fok put up a special one off post on sneakers for people who are usually boot people. Might be worth a look for some basic sneaker options.

Potentially check these out: http://www.kentwang.com/shoes?cat=74

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The Noodles - Taper the jeans from the knee down. If you're going to wear such a snug t-shirt you need more definition. Not meant as an insult, just saying a little gym action would probably go a long way there

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday:

Custom made hat - NorthWest Hats
Beams+
Our Legacy
Garbstore
DM

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Really digging this look:

I feel I need a more faded Margiela jacket, mine is too clean. Not necessarily db'd or wide lapels just less clean

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabika