• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
View attachment 1587229

View attachment 1587231

Channeling Wonder Mountain's half tech, half relaxed natural materials as best I can

Kapital Kountry hat
Kapital Kountry jacket, this was one of my first 'interesting' purchases back in 2014 or 2015
Portuguese Flannel shirt
Arcteryx shorts
Bass loafs
The wabi-sabi Kapital hat and jacket are really clashing with the casual classic menswear vibe of the shirt, shorts, and loafers. I think throwing on a tee with more sporty shoes (New Balance, Salomon etc.) would tie the look together.

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
20210404_191542.jpg

gardenvariety

Reaction score
The wabi-sabi Kapital hat and jacket are really clashing with the casual classic menswear vibe of the shirt, shorts, and loafers. I think throwing on a tee with more sporty shoes (New Balance, Salomon etc.) would tie the look together.

I think the answer is much much wider shorts

Thanks for the feedback both of you.

I've been wanting to pick up something in the New Balance 99X family so maybe this is another reason to do so.

Any recommendations for wide shorts that are also lightweight/breathable? I really like these shorts because they're so comfortable and lightweight. I sweat a lot, and hate the summer heat, so the heavier weight wide shorts I've seen (twill etc) don't work well for me.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for wide shorts that are also lightweight/breathable? I really like these shorts because they're so comfortable and lightweight. I sweat a lot, and hate the summer heat, so the heavier weight wide shorts I've seen (twill etc) don't work well for me.

Maybe some EG ripstop or even look into Needles shorts. I have some great linen shorts from them from a few years back.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback both of you.

I've been wanting to pick up something in the New Balance 99X family so maybe this is another reason to do so.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying some things? Feeling like Diane Keaton ??‍♂️ View attachment 1587027
Jacket from @ajchen
Bandana from @shopcanoeclub

I often wear bandanas tied around my neck and I love it. I think it looks and feels great. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise! However, in this case, I might prefer it if you slipped the loose ends and knot inside the collar of your sweatshirt. That way, the bandana doesn't make such a big splash compared to the otherwise pretty minimalistic and toned down stuff you're wearing. Did you try that?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I often wear bandanas tied around my neck and I love it. I think it looks and feels great. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise! However, in this case, I might prefer it if you slipped the loose ends and knot inside the collar of your sweatshirt. That way, the bandana doesn't make such a big splash compared to the otherwise pretty minimalistic and toned down stuff you're wearing. Did you try that?
Didn’t tuck, did wrap one more around and it looked better. Just going to play with it a bit more

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cakeideas