• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, gents. Boom! Still playing around with my new toy - the "king of the portable point and shoots," the Sony RX100 III (okay, the mark IV came out this month but whatever). Single lamp behind me, yellow light, in our dark living room last night - not bad for a low light fully auto mode shot, check out that bokeh). \
Nice! this is the james cameron one? do you have any wrist shots?

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! this is the james cameron one? do you have any wrist shots?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think @no frills ' watch is the Rolex Deep Sea Sea-Dweller D-blue dial edition, in homage to James Cameron's historic dive.

While James Cameron's specially made Rolex is an even bigger, badder one; the Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller Challenge.

Still, the DSSD D-blue is an impressive piece of metal! Not easily pulled off in everyday life given it's size, I'm sure, but impressive nonetheless!

Pictured here is the regular black dial 116660, not the D-blue dial one.

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Looking good pmeis and stitch (don't be a stranger!)

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Quick hello from summer holiday with the kids: Monster+Hirsch

Last edited:

Novelty77

Reaction score
Quote:
cheers.gif
cheers.gif
fistbump.gif

Introducing my grail watch.

My apologise for the messy montage. The watch isn't at it's full glory yet as the stickers are still there. Damn, find it really hard to remove them.
Removing it means exposing the beautifully polished bezel to the elements. Sure wears better then my previous ROO sitting at 41mm as oppose to 42mm.

I opted to go for the leather strap. I hope the picture justify why I chose the leather. Anyway comes originally with the rubber strap and an additional alligator strap.
When I handle the strap, the first thing that struck me and my immediate response to the dealer, "WOW" why does the strap feels so different from the rubber on the ROO.
The softness of the rubber strap feels just like silicon unlike the rubber strap from the ROO which feels rugged and hard. This watch is just perfect for me in every sense.
even the smallest detail like when the fully close crown, the initials AP sits flush, not slanted. The leather really compliments the elegance of it's design.

@pmeis

I really love the titanium version of Pams, not too flashy and a very understated look. I love the sandwich dials of PAMS as well. The PAM 176 was a really reluctant sale but because it doesn't have papers, I feel its better that I let it go now and anybe find another with full box and papers in the preown market.

Speaking of 42mm Pams, how do u all feel about the 392?
WOTD

Last edited:

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think @no frills ' watch is the Rolex Deep Sea Sea-Dweller D-blue dial edition, in homage to James Cameron's historic dive. While James Cameron's specially made Rolex is an even bigger, badder one; the Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller Challenge. Still, the DSSD D-blue is an impressive piece of metal! Not easily pulled off in everyday life given it's size, I'm sure, but impressive nonetheless! Pictured here is the regular black dial 116660, not the D-blue dial one.
I think you are right, but for a normal consumer saying its the "james cameron" one usually means the deep sea deep blue tribute to james cameron. The actual one used i don't think is a production model and is for sale. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but i think this is the case

Last edited:

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VC malte gran classique pictured with some free gifts from vacheron over the years. Ikepod (i think) hour glass and headphones from music fidelity

Last edited:

Dachshund

Reaction score
I think you are right, but for a normal consumer saying its the "james cameron" one usually means the deep sea deep blue tribute to james cameron. The actual one used i don't think is a production model and is for sale. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but i think this is the case

Correct - and it would be like strapping a tennis ball to your wrist.

Dachshund

Reaction score
VC malte gran classique pictured with some free gifts from vacheron over the years. Ikepod (i think) hour glass and headphones from music fidelity

So if I buy all my watches new from ADs and nag them a bit do I get lots of cool free stuff like that?

John Amiri

Reaction score
I love watches. At the moment I have a SS Blancpain triple date moon phase, a Jaquet Droz grande seconds in rose gold, A SS Blancpain fifty fathoms and a rose gold IWC Portuguese perpetual calendar . I also had but sold a JLC reverse sun and moon and a Cartier tank Americaine. I really should have kept the JLC and regretted selling it. I would like next a Panerai GMT model 88 > will try to post some pics when I get chance.

Novelty77

Reaction score

Wow bro! U seem to have a awesome collection of high tier watches! The vc with the textured dial looks amazing. The club made those exquisite gifts? Wow is it a club by VC or its like a owners group kinda thing? Can we see a family portrait of your collections :D

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
You are correct.

The name of the watch that actually made the dive is the Deepsea Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads