• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I alike Breguet basic pieces but I am lost on some of the more complicated pieces they offer. Congrats on the pickup though! One question....a Breguet without Breguet numerals? Come on!

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score

I love the dial! Your brand intrigues me more and more!

Thanks for the kind words @ShawnBC! The Peacock guilloche in my photo that you quoted took us one year to design and refine to perfection. Even though the Peacock, along with the Plum Blossom guilloche, is based on vintage Chinese watch designs of the '50s and '60s, our interpretation is original and combines vintage elegance with a fresh modernity.

Have a look at my Midnight Blue Imperial with the Plum Blossom, and I'd love to hear what you guys think! Bespoke monogramming is possible on the 3/4 plate of the movement, including even signatures in gold!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. I rarely wear conservative business dress to work currently and I suppose it would be more of a social occasion watch. TBH I'm not important enough for tons of black tie functions (I enjoyed the discussion a little while back about that), so I suppose that leaves nice dinners and weddings. The random night at the symphony maybe.

We'll see how the next year or so plays out, this will probably be a slow burn. I really like the VC I mentioned before, but every time I see a Patek with Breguet numerals :drool:

Price wise, the VC's seem to sell for much below MSRP on the various forums even in near mint condition. At full retail, there's a lot of competition +/- a few thousand bucks even if they aren't apples to apples (Nautilus etc.).

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
It certainly is a beautiful thing, Ben, though I still think it deserves a real gator strap for that level of detail - even if it means 50-100 bucks on the price. But maybe that's just me.

Either way, you're doing great things. Any news on your Swiss perp cal project?

CWI, or how about just wearing a jacket and a nice watch to take someone special for dinner? There is always a good reason to be one notch sharper than the rest. Important ****** - looking important can have a surprising impact on how you feel.

Last edited:

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh no! ^^^

Looks like a battle scar that will stay, short of a bezel replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ooh me too. Broke up the awfulness of an early Saturday morning grind.

Sweden

Reaction score
Okey gents!

I have found a 16570 from 1995 that I like.

Serviced 2012 with papers. Box and papers. Good conditon. 90%.
Gonna trade it with my IWC 3777-01 in 95% conditon.

Whats your opinion in the each watch value in this case?

pmeis

Reaction score

Okey gents!

I have found a 16570 from 1995 that I like.

Serviced 2012 with papers. Box and papers. Good conditon. 90%.
Gonna trade it with my IWC 3777-01 in 95% conditon.

Whats your opinion in the each watch value in this case?

Funny, I just bought a '95 16570 that was just serviced on Thursday. I was looking at several listings and found one in Chicago local to me. The ones I was considering we're all around 3650-3900, but weren't with box and papers) although since it was a local cash deal I ended up paying $3400. The 16570 is the easy part to value, the Ingy is harder as they aren't as liquid. In a perfect world you could trade the 3227 for the 16570 + 200-500 bucks, but I'm not sure with this.

Are you trading with a dealer or an individual?

pmeis

Reaction score
Speaking of, decided I wanted to "downgrade" from my 114060 and that a Polar Explorer II was a bit more my style. Found this one freshly serviced and local for a great price. It came on the bracelet, but I'm going to wear this one on rubber. While I wait on the Everest band to ship, I'm wearing it on some Natos I had lying around. Was hoping to sell the 114060 before I bought this, but I'm sure I'll manage to move it soon enough.

Oblig quick and dirty pic:

Last edited:

Sweden

Reaction score

Funny, I just bought a '95 16570 that was just serviced on Thursday. I was looking at several listings and found one in Chicago local to me. The ones I was considering we're all around 3650-3900, but weren't with box and papers) although since it was a local cash deal I ended up paying $3400. The 16570 is the easy part to value, the Ingy is harder as they aren't as liquid. In a perfect world you could trade the 3227 for the 16570 + 200-500 bucks, but I'm not sure with this.

Are you trading with a dealer or an individual?

Individual! My pilot 3777-01 is 1 year old and the Rolex is 20 years, but Rolex is more expansive them IWC on the second hand market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads