• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

WSW

Reaction score

Ack. So I'm considering a Rolex 31mm Lady's Datejust, RG/steel oyster bracelet, RG bezel, as a gift for my wife. Can anyone give me an idea of what sort of discount I might be able to expect from an AD? Please feel free to PM me directly. Any suggestions for an AD on the East Coast?

I ordered a 31 mm Steel Datejust with the WG Bezel and Oyster Bracelet for my wife last year and received a 15% discount. The AD was in Philadelphia if that helps. You can PM me for further details.

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
CONGRATS FRANK! :slayer:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Good morning, gents. My latest, and proudest, acquisition...

Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!

Congrats mate, love that!

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking here the past few weeks while trying to figure out what I want for a new watch, so thanks to everyone for the great pictures and commentary. Currently leaning towards a Stowa Marine, but went into an Oris AD and really liked the Aquis. My concern is that I'm in a suit 2-3 days a week and the Aquis seems too big to wear with a suit.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Woh - missed this one earlier - great choice and well done!

Edit - on closer inspection - you might want to do that crown up!

Thanks Dachs :) I was just setting the time, and hadn't *********** crown back in when I took the photo.

Congratulations! Ain't she a beauty???

Thanks Frilly! If I had to pick a one-watch...I think this could be it.

Very nice!  I didn't know you were looking to add a Sub to your rotation.  Great choice, enjoy it my friend! :cheers:

Thanks Dino. I've been tooing and froing between this Sub and the Explorer. Eventually the Sub spoke to me most. It was a bit too extravagant a purchase for me, but I thought "Life is too short, just go for it." So I did :)

CONGRATS FRANK! :slayer:

Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!

Congrats mate, love that!

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the updated 1957 is really really nice. Too bad it's still just a little too thick!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking here the past few weeks while trying to figure out what I want for a new watch, so thanks to everyone for the great pictures and commentary. Currently leaning towards a Stowa Marine, but went into an Oris AD and really liked the Aquis. My concern is that I'm in a suit 2-3 days a week and the Aquis seems too big to wear with a suit.
Not sure it looks too big, but I don't love it with a suit. But if it makes you smile and fits the 4 to 5 days of the week you don't wear a suit then go for it.

Thanks Dino. I've been tooing and froing between this Sub and the Explorer. Eventually the Sub spoke to me most. It was a bit too extravagant a purchase for me, but I thought "Life is too short, just go for it." So I did
smile.gif
Life is short so its important to splurge every now and then! You made a great choice wear it in good health and I hope it gives you many years of enjoyment! Looks great on you!
cheers.gif

A few of the new Speedys...

89b061393a7018002c71abb7ca4c1c0c.jpg
The top one looked way to large. I liked this one the most on you. The RG with brown is beautiful...Snoopy for one daughter, this one for your second daughter
wink.gif

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Life is short so its important to splurge every now and then!  You made a great choice wear it in good health and I hope it gives you many years of enjoyment! Looks great on you! :cheers:

Thanks Dino. Of course, I may never spend big on anything else again after this (good thing the wife got a Rolex before I did, though, or I may be heading for the divorce courts lol))...but I think this watch was worth it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads