• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweden

Reaction score
Anyone know what a IWC 3719-18 retailed when it came in 2007?

Black/yellow

Thanks!

Sweden

Reaction score
I believe it was ~$3k.
Thanks man! So its more expensive to buy that watch now then when it was new
censored.gif

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the first Apple Watch in this thread. I hope its right after an IWC Port Chrono pic :p.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on my friend's JLC Master 8 Days yesterday… can't say I love this one.

Dachshund

Reaction score
Yup, that's a rare dud for JLC in my view (and I'm a huge fan of the house). Too much going on on the dial and it all looks unbalanced.

tigerpac

Reaction score
In re the JLC. I don't understand the thick bezels for watches like that either.

gopherblue

Reaction score

Tried on my friend's JLC Master 8 Days yesterday… can't say I love this one.

I dare say that one's got a bit too much going on. JLC has several iconic models and lines, but they do seem to have at least their fair share of missteps. Most of their sport watches, for example.

The one you posted reminds me of their update to the triple calendar from a few years back, when they took the otherwise classic and much-respected Master Moon Calendar (a triple calendar with beautiful proportions), and reconfigured the dial and crammed an RDM indication onto the dial. It was a frankenwatch if ever there was one. I can't bear to post a pic of it, it is so bad.

Thankfully, they've gone back to the classic triple calendar, and even recently added a stunning triple calendar ultrathin:

If I hadn't already pulled the trigger on the JLC perpetual ultrathin (which I l.o.v.e.), I might have been tempted by this one. :inlove:

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with everything above. Of course I can't tell my buddy.. "hey I like your watch, but you really could have done a lot better with that kind of cash to spend!" Great guy, amazingly smart and quite wealthy, but not so much a student of the timepieces.

Is the Apple watch out in stores in the US yet?

lol.. who cares?! :happy:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm considering buying the Apple Watch for a little media project. I bet the YouTube video would pay for itself if I were the first person to find out JUST how durable it is...

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its a cool case shape.  Its also a very traditional case shape for VC.  They were making Tonneau shaped cases on watches over 100 years ago.  I saw the RG version with small seconds at an AD where a friend works.  It is definitely larger than I expected based on photos.  However, non-round watches often look and wear larger than round ones. 

It is growing on me.  My grande Reverso is the most comfortable watch I have due to its shape.  I could see the right tournelle size being just as comfortable. 

Never been a fan of non-round watches - in my head a watch must be round! - so never got into the reversos and santos. But this is interesting. Must get into a VC boutique and try one out. Not the tourbillon version of course though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads