• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Frilly, you are one crazy guy!! Two DSSDs?! Love it!

Well, ever since I was about 11 years old I noticed a strange imbalance between my left and right wrists, as if the right one was just stronger and better coordinated and got more exercise or something.

So, I figured that wearing 440 grams of solid DSSD goodness on my left wrist would help even things out:

mevu2e4a.jpg

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Just saying, but one platinum Daytona would be a more efficient use of space. :)

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never owned a watch in white gold or platinum when it was available in stainless steel. Just don't see the point.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
You're assuming there has to be a point. Tune in to the world of frillyvolity...

Also, Frilly, your pictures just get better and better.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Work those guns, baby...

I'm sure you could work a pretty sweet discount on one by now. I mean, theoretically. Not that you're thinking of getting one. Probably.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I must be in the minority that isn't overly impressed with the platona? The ice blue dial is amazing in person but that brown ceramic bezel doesn't quite work for me.

I'm pondering when Rolex will implement a black ceramic bezel on the SS Daytona though, it seems inevitable.

Welp, the weekend didn't go quite as planned...

...no Cartier yet but...

...still in their coffins!

2i9maki.jpg

21et0ex.jpg

erbs

Reaction score

I bought the explorer and quickly sold it because it was dateless and got the sub date.

I got the Explorer as a gift, so selling it is out of the question. But yeah, the Sub Date is probably a better Onewatch than the Explorer.

I would go the opposite way, personally: I love how clean the no date Sub is, or as it should properly be called, the Submariner. As opposed to the Submariner Date.  But there's no right answer - buy what you love.  There's also the new SD4000 of course, for the compromise of a date without the "cyclops" bubble.

Thanks. I know people love the SD4000, but it's not really for me.

This works:

he6ytymy.jpg

This works too:

me6u9uhe.jpg

But then this kind of works too...

5unedy6y.jpg

Nice pics. I think the Submariner still looks the best, but I'm worried it's redundant in light of my Explorer I.

I recently tried on the white-face Explorer II. I liked it, but I know if I get it I'll still want a Sub of some kind in the future.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how different the Explorer I wears from the Sub especially a Date Sub.

Explorer is on a thinner and more sleek side, it could pass as a dress watch or at least tip-toe that border. Sub isn't as bulky or huge as the SDDS but it still has a presence and the solid links and broader lugs/shoulders really makes it bigger than it really is. Plus if you opt for a Sub Date then that as a big difference already versus the Explorers simple and clean dial.

And thanks all! I really feel the OP is a bit underrated, it looked small in comparison to the others but once I put them on for a while (wore it in the store for maybe 30 minutes while I chatted with everyone while looking at the mirrors every chance I got and it just worked for my tiny wrist, it just did.

2pra41v.jpg

2lb12de.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads