• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh just having some lunch at work.

What up, @no frills !

eju6apup.jpg

coming out of the woodwork to say nice ToG Stitchyyyy! :slayer::foo:

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

i was in an omega boutique not too long ago and it sucked. the people working there clearly did not know jack about watches and were just spewing out whatever they were taught in training like omeeeega parrots. not to mention it was in some back corner of a mall and there was no feeling of exclusivity/fancy-pants-ness or anything special at all really about the space or ambiance.

kind of the exact opposite of what they claimed they were trying to do with these boutiques. if they are mostly like this, the idea will fail imo.

I had the same experience with the boutique in Paris. Really underwhelming.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Warren, do you happen to have a FPJ? Just wondering with your avatar.

Aww I wish man.. I don't have a FPJ CS at the moment. It's such a gorgeous watch.

You might get a kick out of this story. The first time I saw one in the wild, it was at Chuck E Cheese's (little cousin party) of all places. I was blatantly staring at his watch, he smiled and asked me if I wanted to see it. I remember thinking to myself, I wonder how fast I can run or how many tickets did this cost...

But wow I just realized I haven't change my avatar since 2009. I still can't believe I have been on this forum for almost 6 years now.

Oh btw, you guys can call me Duy. I can only imagine you guys picture me as some old cajun white dude.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Aww I wish man.. I don't have a FPJ CS at the moment. It's such a gorgeous watch.

You might get a kick out of this story. The first time I saw one in the wild, it was at Chuck E Cheese's (little cousin party) of all places. I was blatantly staring at his watch, he smiled and asked me if I wanted to see it. I remember thinking to myself, I wonder how fast I can run or how many tickets did this cost...

But wow I just realized I haven't change my avatar since 2009. I still can't believe I have been on this forum for almost 6 years now.

Oh btw, you guys can call me Duy. I can only imagine you guys picture me as some old cajun white dude.

Got it Duy! And that is absolutely hilarious. I can't believe you saw one in the wild. Especially at Chuck E Cheese's.

And trust me, I understand. I am a 6-yearer too. I have checked this forum every day for the past 6 years. Kind of absurd when you think about it.

Being a resident of Lafayette, I don't think I have much room to talk about old cajun white dudes :embar:

clb89

Reaction score
Styleforums noobie coming in with a bang!

My collection so far in chronological order:

Seiko skx007 my entry into the watch world. I installed the dome crystal myself and love it!

Orient mako - hands changed and relumed to pay homage to omega PO (hence the red omega watchbox lol)

notice the two tone relume anyone?

Everybody's gotta have a monster ;p

Aqua Terra - my first entry into luxury market

Seamaster 300 - daily wearer quartz reliability ironically my first quartz watch lol

WUS 2012 Chinese forum project watch - blue rotor pops

First Rolex and my birth year watch to make it extra special. also first year 14270 was released and 1016 phased out; doesnt mean anything though lol

I was having my movement serviced and decided to refinish the case and bracelet as watch is old as me. Heres a pic without the heart. actually the watchmaker was pleasantly surprised by my refinishing

That shine! thats a 24 year old watch ladies and gents. Any avid rolex collector will notice something strange about my watch. (hint hint the lugs)

Thanks! Hope to share more in the future :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@clb89 , I love that last rolex. If it was mine, I'd put thinner hands on it, but it looks awesome!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stitchy, I see you've resorted to the time honored tradition of eating ramen for lunch to pay for kops :laugh:

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitchy, I see you've resorted to the time honored tradition of eating ramen for lunch to pay for kops :laugh:

finally someone gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads