• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got this IWC 3714-01:
2011-09-29IWCPort-7.jpg

2011-09-29IWCPort-4.jpg

Never mind. Beautiful watch.

Last edited:

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been busy with work and not posting much, but thought this may be of interest.
62c2c911-1f61-d114.jpg

Almost has as much junk as my Panerai. These boxes are tough to store!!
62c2c911-1f91-c2a4.jpg

Guess have to do more work!!

Regards.
PS. Notice the little white watch by on my bed by the box? Thats the one that started it all 12 years ago.....

Last edited:

wesailtheoceanblue

Reaction score

whats a classy watch with a 13k USD budget? Will wear mostly with suits, was looking at IWC Portuguese and some Panerai but realized i want something thats a "less common" brand and more unique? anything comes to mind?

New suggestions:

JLC Polaris Reissue 1968 (the one without the dauphine hands)
JLC Deep Sea Reissue 2011 European Version

I think these two have a chance to appreciate over time. Especially the Polaris 68

Vintage suggestions:

Patek Calatrava
A vintage VC or AP rotor automatic
Benrus Type 1 Dive
Heuer Bundeswehr chrono
Omega Centenary

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, just for fun, thought I would post my list for my next watch purchase. Still on the horizon... but I am working on it :). Selling off a bunch of my wardrobe, so I figured I would start saving!

Looking for something that is dressy [all I have now is a Damasko DC56 and Seiko Blue Sumo, so those are my go-to tool watches], but ideally something that could be worn with business casual. And here are the contenders--please feel free to offer suggestions:

Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control Master Ultra Thin [not decided on size].

I would get this with the silver dial, however. Although I love the MUT, a bit worried about it being worn in anything less than a suit or tie, which is a bit discouraging.

Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control Reserve de Marche.

Probably number one on the list right now.

Grand Seiko SBGA011—“Snowflake” Spring Drive.

Maybe number two on the list... so many decisions!

Dornblueth & Sohn 99.1.

There is a lot to like about Dornblueth, so much character, and I love the Bauhaus style.

Dornblueth & Sohn 99.2.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it was me :
Dornblueth
GS
RDM
MUT

Imho GS and Dornblueth has a very nice wrist presence. Something to throw in the mix, the new Omega AT and DeVille Hour Vision. You should check them out when you in New Orleans @ Lee Michael in Lakeside.

Reaction score

1/2 of my "collection", sorry for the poor cell phone picture

is this thing really white faced? been looking for something in a true white. i already have silvery dress watches but no true white that is relatively in my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads