• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonServiam

Reaction score
Speedy Mk II on Omega mesh
smile.gif

Klokkebilder577.jpg

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Ref#1680 + NATO
f3403ca3.jpg

Every time I see a Rolex on a NATO I drool...and I don't even like Rolex watches...but something about that just looks perfect to me...

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I especially enjoyed how the same bidder went from 31k to 61k.

I hope he gets it.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can someone tell that a watch like that is authentic without examining it in person first. I can't ever imagine myself buying a +$60K watch from some random guy on ebay, without seeing it in person before hand, but that's just me.

-LR

NonServiam

Reaction score
If I ever were to scam a bunch of watch collectors on eBay, I know for sure that I would appear an old man not knowing what he is selling
laugh.gif

gezuz

Reaction score
Quick q: got a baume and mercier geneve that will cost $360 to repair. Worth it? Or too subjective to opine on? Pics earlier in this thread.

rwbenjey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gezuz
Quick q: got a baume and mercier geneve that will cost $360 to repair. Worth it? Or too subjective to opine on? Pics earlier in this thread.
That seems to be roughly the start cost for a mechanical watch repair (which is usually an overhaul). This is what it will probably cost to have your watch serviced, once the warranty period ends. So, to answer your question: Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads