• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That is very nice. Anyone know why GP has such a small distribution network in the U.S.?

rwbenjey

Reaction score

very pretty, not familiar with that model though. deets?

It's from the discontinued Classique line, which I believe was replaced by the 1966 collection. Ref. 4770 or "Classic 95" featuring GP's Cal. 3000 automatic movement. 34mm and thin : )

That is very nice. Anyone know why GP has such a small distribution network in the U.S.?

Good question. They've never seemed to be all that big on marketing, like other watch companies (Omega comes to mind). Though for their tier, that doesn't seem out of the norm. Another factor could be production; I believe they still enforce a production quota/limit and once they reach it, they are done for the year.

Last edited:

thekosmicdesign

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There are some nice watches in this thread. I've been into watches long before I joined sf and here is my only luxury watch, the Omega SMP 2254.50. I hope to be improving my clothing game soon enough (just started with an MTM charcoal suit and black AE PA's).

And I just changed the strap today to a carbon.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ good start on your clothing, you will learn a lot here (as have I) and your watch is a beauty. Omega do great watches!

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will start save for this Audemars Piguet, no joke. I might buy a used one, can't stand it anymore. The wife can yell at me but i'll get comfor later on from the watch.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got another AP on my short list; it's the newly refreshed Jumbo 15202, which ironically is as close to the original introduced 40 years ago as anything in recent memory. AP logo at the 6 position, twin batons at the 12, dial-colored date window, and minor tweaks to the bracelet clasp. This design may be just about perfect.
4f5e16b9-d315-264b.jpg

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So tell me when you put that angel on does it make you strong as i've heard it makes all ones problem vanish. Could that be true?
I've got another AP on my short list; it's the newly refreshed Jumbo 15202, which ironically is as close to the original introduced 40 years ago as anything in recent memory. AP logo at the 6 position, twin batons at the 12, dial-colored date window, and minor tweaks to the bracelet clasp. This design may be just about perfect.
4f5e16b9-d315-264b.jpg

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i would guess that over the years, maybe the US has proven to be a weak market for them?

It's from the discontinued Classique line, which I believe was replaced by the 1966 collection. Ref. 4770 or "Classic 95" featuring GP's Cal. 3000 automatic movement. 34mm and thin : )

thanks, its a beaut.

I will start save for this Audemars Piguet, no joke. I might buy a used one, can't stand it anymore. The wife can yell at me but i'll get comfor later on from the watch.

great, iconic watch. looks good on you too.

Just one, Med? I would have thought you had 5 or 6 of these.

:nodding:

rwbenjey

Reaction score

There are some nice watches in this thread. I've been into watches long before I joined sf and here is my only luxury watch, the Omega SMP 2254.50. I hope to be improving my clothing game soon enough (just started with an MTM charcoal suit and black AE PA's).

And I just changed the strap today to a carbon.

Nice! That's the exact Seamaster I'm looking to grab down the road (pre-owned).

P.S. - I just ordered a pair the PA's :)

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much can I get a AP used one like that just a figure part..? Will start saving..

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How much can I get a AP used one like that just a figure part..? Will start saving..

im not so up on the used market, and i havent bought a watch in about 5 years. PM DerekS, he was very involved in watch trading, buying and selling. he should have an idea, or know where to find out for ya.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im not so up on the used market, and i havent bought a watch in about 5 years. PM DerekS, he was very involved in watch trading, buying and selling. he should have an idea, or know where to find out for ya.
This forum is getting better and better for each day going :)

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just one, Med? I would have thought you had 5 or 6 of these.

Well, I do need to pay for suits and shoes after all...

I've had 4 over the years, at the moment down to the RO chrono (not offshore). I'm disappointed that AP has decided to upsize all the cases save the 15202. I've never cared for the Offshores, and by upsizing the mainline RO and RO chrono it seems that they're jumping on a bandwagon that pulled out of the station several years ago...

Assuming that's the now-discountinued 39mm 15300, you can get that around 9.5k from traders NIB. For remaining ADs who have it in stock probably closer to 12k.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads