• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree a simple clean watch should be part of any collection but to me a second hand is what defines a mechanical watch. It's the sweeping motion that I appreciate. On some watches the more visible the second hand (blue, red) the better.
If you only have one good watch, then maybe you want it to have a second hand or some other functions. However, if you already have a watch (or a few) with a second hand (and maybe other functions), then a handsome 2 handed watch is a nice change.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am also looking for a NATO strap, I was going to order from a link that was posted on here but the seller is away.
40 USD seems a bit too much for a nylon strap IMO.
anything else?

I haven't bought from them in quite a while but if you like the Corvus but not the price, it might be worth contacting the manufacturer direct - Phoenix Straps Ltd.
[email protected]

They are likely cheaper than Corvus and accept (or used to) PayPal.
If it makes any difference, Phoenix is the supplier for the British Ministry of Defense.

They also occasionally have seconds on ebay via the seller Mickie500
http://myworld.ebay.com/mickie500/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

thanks! I contacted Drew at Europelli and ordered a black nato strap for 22 USD shipped. link

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
387090_849665456584_2119881767_n.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is something really nice and sleek about having a 2 handed time only watch.  Like you several of my watches have some other function, be it a subdial for seconds, date window, GMT function, or chronograph.  But my last two watch purchases were 2 handed time only watches, and my next watch is also going to be a 2 handed time only watch.  Don't get me wrong, having a watch with other functions is great (I really like my chronographs and other toys), but if you don't currently have a nice 2 handed watch, I highly recommend getting one.

yeah, at present i have a burning desire for one. really jonesing for the pam 112. just not sure ill be able to swing it, and i dont want to sell my current watches to get one.

if i do make a purch, you best believe it will show up here.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

thanks! I contacted Drew at Europelli and ordered a black nato strap for 22 USD shipped. link

I emailed him to see if he has any 18mm, or knows of anyone who does.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

i think that it is exactly the lack of a seconds hand, or markers, or date..... that is what i find appealing about the 112.
all my previous watches have had some kind of extra, be it a second hand sub dial, a date, a second time zone function.... i think it would be nice to try something different. a clean, simple, elegant, 2 handed watch. thats what im thinking at the moment anyways.

id say out of the 4 dozen luxury watches that ive owned, its easily one of my favorites.

Thanks. I am debating putting the watch on a NATO strap, I am not a huge fan of the rubber bracelet. Thoughts?

NATO NAOW!!!!!

drew is good people. I sold a panerai years ago to a buddy and gave him a couple europelli straps i wore the hell out of...he's still wearing the hell out of them now.

yeah, at present i have a burning desire for one. really jonesing for the pam 112. just not sure ill be able to swing it, and i dont want to sell my current watches to get one.
if i do make a purch, you best believe it will show up here.

igotchumang. ;)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

give me a sec and ill get you the contact of the natos i use. Easily as well made as corvus, half the price.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

id say out of the 4 dozen luxury watches that ive owned, its easily one of my favorites.

igotchumang. ;)

i hope it becomes one of mine too.

i knows it :fistbump:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

ive bought from broadarrow.net many times....good stuff, great service. Also, check out westcoastime.com...

now, if you want historically correct official MOD straps, the ONLY place that sells them is http://www.rltwatches.co.uk.....the supplier to the MOD supplies this place...the only seller they supply outside of the MOD...so its da real deal.

you looking for a 2 ring or 4 ring?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

ive bought from broadarrow.net many times....good stuff, great service. Also, check out westcoastime.com...
now, if you want historically correct official MOD straps, the ONLY place that sells them is http://www.rltwatches.co.uk.....the supplier to the MOD supplies this place...the only seller they supply outside of the MOD...so its da real deal.
you looking for a 2 ring or 4 ring?

Not really sure of the difference in anything other than aesthetics, so I don't think it really matters. Probably would go with 2 over 4.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Drew is great to work with.

Rambo, he replied to your email right? I called him again to make sure my payment went through and I asked about your strap and he informed me he does not have any.

I went with the 5 ring, if I regret it I will just cut the extra rings off.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are the opinions here on the rubber straps for the panerais? if i get a new watch, i would want something i could wear in the summer and not worry about sweat ruining it.

a DJ is one option, but the metal bracelets on the panerai are too chunky i think for my everyday wear. what say you all about the rubber?

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what are the opinions here on the rubber straps for the panerais? if i get a new watch, i would want something i could wear in the summer and not worry about sweat ruining it.
a DJ is one option, but the metal bracelets on the panerai are too chunky i think for my everyday wear. what say you all about the rubber?

it depends on the model. Which one would you be considering?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Yeah Drew is great to work with.
Rambo, he replied to your email right? I called him again to make sure my payment went through and I asked about your strap and he informed me he does not have any.
I went with the 5 ring, if I regret it I will just cut the extra rings off.

Yeah he did. Nice guy. I went with broadarrow.net. $25 shipped for a black/grey stripey job.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it depends on the model. Which one would you be considering?

right now, mostly the 112. but it is still a pipe dream of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads