• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No. I have bought a $2k+ Seiko from Japan and did not get hit with duties. If the shipper uses EMS you should not have any issues. I obviously can't garuntee this, but I have about 3 watches directly from Japan with no issues.

I've bought a few JDM Seikos from Japanese sellers, ranging from about $500 up to about $2,000 and the only one that ever got hit with duties was my Alpinist SARB017. I think I had to pay about $25 to USPS (I don't recall the exact amount).

Many thanks for the responses - much appreciated!

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage Longines today

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
They have a pie pan!

H Moser do, my AD don't: the models are all disontinued (though similar in most cases to the newer "Endeavour" range). The one you've shown is a newer model but they're not ordering any: this is a fire sale of stuff that's been sitting there a year or two. Monard, Mayu, Henry Double Hairspring, Perpetual Calendar and Perpetual Moon are all in stock, I think. Mostly in red/pink/yellow gold, a couple of Pt and Palladium models left. A Pd Monard with fumé dial is haunting me. Probably still out of my league, even at a big discount, but it really looks and feels like something special.

The new beast! 2015 RR SC Limited. I'm going to spoiler the pics so as not to further muck up TWAT, but figured my car friends here might be interested. Cheers!

That's a beast. So different from the G, which is a brilliant bit of engineering but the retro cooler-box styling is perhaps more divisive. The RR might feel a bit more spacious, too: I've been in the back of an up-armoured G a few times, and although I quite like the very upright stance as a drive, it's not got that luxurious limo feel for the passengers. Congratulations!

Vintage Longines today

That is a beautiful item. And if I may say so, a stunning jacket that looks to be part of a magnificent fit.

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys! I had considered a G63 but the RR SC is so much nicer to drive. When this limited edition was announced in this particular configuration I knew it was the "one". Lol. So far so good. :)

So true. As much as I love the G-Wagon, it's an absolute pain to actually drive.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

Vintage Longines today

That is straight FIRE. Love the hands, and the legibility at a glance, despite all the numerals on the dial.

Sexy large crown, too.

What's the case diameter, if I may ask? And which movement?

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice watch, and a bold combo!

That is a beautiful item.  And if I may say so, a stunning jacket that looks to be part of a magnificent fit.

Thanks, gents!

That is straight FIRE. Love the hands, and the legibility at a glance, despite all the numerals on the dial.

Sexy large crown, too.

What's the case diameter, if I may ask? And which movement?

It's 37mm and has the 13zn movement

ezlau

Reaction score

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's a similar, if not identical Longines for sale here:

http://www.crownandcaliber.com/buy/longines/vintage-longines/13zn-2/

Cchen, can you comment on the pricing? Did you pay about just as much for that watch?

That example has a different dial. Mine has the inner snail scale and this does not. I need to see the dial under a loupe to look at some more details, but it seems to be the same exact watch here:

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/the-last-watch-i-bought-and-the-ups-and-downs-of-buying-old-watches

The monopusher is one of the rarer examples of the Longines chrono with 13zn movement. I can't comment on the price other than it seems expensive. Hard to say as the actual "value" in these vintage watches is really in the eyes of the buyer.

Coincidentally, I inquired about consigning mine with Crown and Caliber as well and they said mine could probably sell in the same range as that example, but I highly doubt their estimate....

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

ezlau

Reaction score
I did suspect it was Ben Clymer's watch from that article, as BC himself posted an ad to sell it on Chronocentric about 2 months ago, but the ad was deleted. Initial asking price was $20K. I agree that the photography doesn't seem to feature the dial much (or at all). Also seems a little dubious, if it indeed was the same watch, that it was not disclosed that the spring bars were soldered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members