• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those look nice, Betel.....especially at such a steep discount.

I have a lot of respect for Hamilton. Love my Khaki chrono.

And as you can tell from my avatar, I really dig white rubber straps LOL. Maybe your mom will let you borrow it :D

Thanks! This is my second Hamilton and I have been very pleased with them. I love how they treat their leather straps. :D

I hope to add the Regulator in December.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks great betel! Wish I could find one of those sales here. I would love one of their classier jazzmasters on a leather strap. I love my khaki auto chrono!

NonServiam

Reaction score

NS, the Spydercos are a great all purpose knife.  The Reeve's knives are very nice, my father has one or two of them.  Great photo, I like the Sub and Spyderco on the worn bench/table surface.

Thanks, Dino! Yeah, great knives. Sturdy and affordable. Very easy to like. I have a few. Prefer the light, plastic handled ones, but the larger G10 handled are really something. But the knife you bother to drop in you pocket is better than the one at home. I'm usually one for fixed knives when out in the wilderness, Scandinavian style, but a folder has its place when a knife on your belt is too much.

Dug up a very ... orange ... watch and knife pic :happy: Watch gone, knife still in my emergency kit.

Last edited:

Dagon

Reaction score
Thank you for the compliments Gents,

There are some great Pie Pans out there.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Betelgeuse - nice Hamiltons!

I don't have any knife / watch combo pics, but for any knife fans who aren't whooping it up at the Blade Show in Atlanta right now, here is a group pic for you of hand forged knives from one of my fave makers:

orig.jpg

And what is on the wrist today:
orig.jpg

Last edited:

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Jeez, Roger - at first glance I thought that was your collection of Farr's!

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$20,000 more??? That omega is about $4-5K, where do you live?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
location says Mexico City. maybe we take a couple across the border and see if we can arbitrage. and by "we" i mean, "you guys try it first and if you don't wind up in a Mexican jail, we'll see"

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Since he's in Mexico City I assume that's 20000 pesos or about $1550 USD.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

$20000 USD more?!! Yiiiiikes.

$20,000 more??? That omega is about $4-5K, where do you live?

location says Mexico City. maybe we take a couple across the border and see if we can arbitrage. and by "we" i mean, "you guys try it first and if you don't wind up in a Mexican jail, we'll see"

Since he's in Mexico City I assume that's 20000 pesos or about $1550 USD.

Sorry I forgot to add "pesos" next to the amount. Zippyh is right, the price here is $1,550 USD more than in the US.

I'll wait until I go to the US and will try to negotiate a nice discount. That have always worked. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads