• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol:

Included!

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I have been growing tired of the Rolex brand recently. I feel exposed, as the likes of an ecdysiast.
Shall I opt for a Panerai?
Appreciatively yours,
Neville D. Irving

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
See Roger, that wasn't so hard, was it? Better than most of what I try to pass off as photography.

I don't think I like the color red enough personally to go that route for a watch, but I must say that's one heck of a dial....definitely can see where it would give you a lot of different shades to enjoy.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nuke - KI reference ? If so. Awesome. Here's my play today.
C-c-c-c-c-combo BREAKER.

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I have been growing tired of the Rolex brand recently. I feel exposed, as the likes of an ecdysiast.
Appreciatively yours,
Neville D. Irving
Neville,

Your taste in timepieces appears to be superb, unlike your taste in automobiles. I enjoy my Rolex Oyster Perpetual Daytona, as seen in my picture. Panerai are very nice; I own one - a Luminor Submersible. It's very nice. You should also consider a Patek Phillipe - they're very tasteful.

Regards,
Abraham

Last edited:

mezentius

Reaction score
You guys are a horrible bunch of enablers.

Have to go with my heart and get a MUT Moon.

Steel or rose gold? I've only seen the rose gold in person, and while it is certainly immensely beautiful I can't help but think that the steel would be less ostentatious and more versatile, and just as beautiful in a slightly different way. Of course, since now we're talking about getting a watch for the heart and for the ages, cost-efficiency is a non-factor.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bam.

ugehunag.jpg

What does "I have a Geneve" mean?

----------------------------

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
The MUT Moon is fairly dressy regardless of material. Get which one you prefer as it's not a "versatile" watch to begin with IMO (thats not a negative). The dial is gorgeous, good luck in your purchase.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SF Tourneau = awful still. It's almost like they don't want your money.

papa kot

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Appreciatively yours,
Neville D. Irving

In my opinion, Panerai is too bulky and way too gaudy, especially in settings that require a suit. What else do you have in mind?

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rolexs are great timepieces, but I feel like everyone recognizes them which kills the fun a bit and makes them a 'poke' watch. "oohh a rolllllexxxxx".
Boring.

I love the sleepers on this thread. The watches that you have to know to appreciate. It's like someone telling you your Emporio Armani suit looks great because they saw the tag but going oh that suit is nice when you wear your zegna sans label because they felt the fabric and can see that it fits even though they can't describe why.

Last edited:

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my Rolex (and Tudor). I could care less what others may think or if they're recognised or not. They give me pleasure. That's all that matters.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
See Roger, that wasn't so hard, was it? Better than most of what I try to pass off as photography.

I don't think I like the color red enough personally to go that route for a watch, but I must say that's one heck of a dial....definitely can see where it would give you a lot of different shades to enjoy.

Luckily they have a cream dial for the less adventurous. Excuse the dust on the crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads