• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ i think its neat looking. cant say id buy it, but as a gift, id be delighted. ^^

yeah me too... but as a gift, hey I'm not complaining. "Neat" is good right? :happy:

Is hyperchrome more of a black or graphite in person? 

I did see one at the duty free shop at LAX.... if by graphite you mean more grey-ish then IIRC it is more "true black"

Last edited:

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the spirit of jbarwick's above post...

Purchased! Though it will not be on my wrist until early December 2013.

This is great! Enjoy it!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
About a Cheap Watch

A lot of posts to catch up on since last week; I'll do that later!

In the mean time, thank you all so much for your kind comments on this. I thought I'd drop by quickly with a simple wrist shot. My son is delighted with his new watch, and it looks great on him! Here it is, along with the watch my father gave me:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

... thoughts?

Not a fan, seems kinda pedestrian and I don't think the colour scheme is very successful. Since it has to be a Rado, why not go all-in?

rado-r5-1365490781.png

I have no idea when I would wear something like that, but I think it's more interesting and better realised.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mimo your sons watch looks great! Something he will hopefully have for years!

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of posts to catch up on since last week; I'll do that later!

In the mean time, thank you all so much for your kind comments on this. I thought I'd drop by quickly with a simple wrist shot. My son is delighted with his new watch, and it looks great on him! Here it is, along with the watch my father gave me:

mimo - excellent choice and a great "starter" mechanical piece! Great pic!

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not to revisit a topic that fellow TWAT-ters would rather leave behind, but what G-Shock is this lovely young woman wearing?

Cylon

Reaction score
In other news, G-shock is coming out with some metallic variants:

Personally, I like the simple, cheaper square ones but that is just me. Still undecided as to whether I will actually pull the trigger...
decisions.gif

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

.... In the mean time, thank you all so much for your kind comments on this. I thought I'd drop by quickly with a simple wrist shot. My son is delighted with his new watch, and it looks great on him! Here it is, along with the watch my father gave me:
This is so cool on so many levels :cheers:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mimo! Looks great on him! I am sure he will wear it and love it for years to come. It fits his wrist perfectly.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
back to my previous "Rado gift from my uncle" deal.... I haven't gotten around to trying them on yet as I need to find a shop with a larger selection, but from what I've seen online the Hyperchrome seems to be pretty nice... thoughts?

What is the case/bracelet. Is it treated steel? Its nice but not very distinctive. I'd rather see you get something that is totally different from anything you have, and which is something you will only see from Rado. I really like Kaplan's suggestion.
Not a fan, seems kinda pedestrian and I don't think the colour scheme is very successful. Since it has to be a Rado, why not go all-in?

rado-r5-1365490781.png

I have no idea when I would wear something like that, but I think it's more interesting and better realised.

Great photo and great choice for your son's first mechanical watch! Well done Mimo.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^

Agreed. This is a great tradition and will be a great memory for both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members