• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Yes. Beautiful VC, stitchy-muscle.

What's the case size on that one, sir?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes. Beautiful VC, stitchy-muscle.
What's the case size on that one, sir?

thanks, keith. i believe it to be approximately 35mm +/-. wears very nicely. might take a wrist shot.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Please do.

For the average man, 35-ish is still wearable for a true dress watch circa 2013, IMO.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Please do.
For the average man, 35-ish is still wearable for a true dress watch circa 2013, IMO.

ill try and get it done tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
getting this ready for sale. thought some of you might enjoy the eye candy.
smile.gif

No ****. Those lugs are absolutely GORGES.

I wish that Vacheron did more funky lugs in their current range.
+1 Vintage VC's have great lugs and cases. In terms of design they were often far more adventurous than Pateks and AP back then. I would also love to see VC use more cool lugs and case designs for their modern watches. It seemed years ago they had a lot more variety.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
stitchy is the muscle
Cousin Stitch don't do no seafood, bro...:)

Quote:
+1

That really is beautiful. Another triumph for the best pawnbroker in Baltimore, and I'm told there's a lot of competition.

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
What do you TWATS think of the BlancPain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe?

http://www.blancpain.com/en/news/fi...r-2013-blancpain-presents-bathyscaphe-version

I'm rather underwhelmed myself.

The hands remind me of a Tissot PRS 516 (I think that's the right reference).

Plus, the bezel seems a bit skinny .... and it moves away from the sapphire version that is one of things I really liked about the modern 50 Fathoms.

To be fair, I do like the oversized crown....and I also like the looks of the (sailcloth? kevlar?) strap.

Posting the pic here which shows the women's model, since you rarely see a diver that's designed/dedicated for teh femalez.

Couple more snaps available at the above BP manufacturer's link... you may need to click on the language of your choice to read the ad copy.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I have seen this a few times, and I think I would have to see it in the metal before making my final decision. But I am underwhelmed.

The harmony between the markers, hands, and bezel are just off. The markers and bezel look to small, and the hands look too large (in comparison). When I see it, I can't help but think I could get this from a micro-brand. Also... WHY, oh WHY, do you put the date at 4:30. Take the damn date off of the dial.

The price point is nice though. Very nice.

Likes: I am digging the crown, it looks pretty neato. I like the lack of text on the dial.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very handsome VC Stitch! I'm sure it will find a new home soon...hopefully on your wrist if the boss is in a really good mood!

i hope so too. :)

Cousin Stitch don't do no seafood, bro...:)

:laugh:
---
regarding the BP FF, i like it. simple, not clunky, sleek and a very nice brushed finish. get rid of teh date and id love it.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's a handsome watch if not particular memorable or striking. Though I like it better than the previous FF, I will say this new model doesn't do much to stand out from the other divers out there. That being said BP makes a fine product and this could ring a lot of the right bells for many..

What do you TWATS think of the BlancPain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe?

http://www.blancpain.com/en/news/fi...r-2013-blancpain-presents-bathyscaphe-version

I'm rather underwhelmed myself.

The hands remind me of a Tissot PRS 516 (I think that's the right reference).

Plus, the bezel seems a bit skinny .... and it moves away from the sapphire version that is one of things I really liked about the modern 50 Fathoms.

To be fair, I do like the oversized crown....and I also like the looks of the (sailcloth? kevlar?) strap.

Posting the pic here which shows the women's model, since you rarely see a diver that's designed/dedicated for teh femalez.

Couple more snaps available at the above BP manufacturer's link... you may need to click on the language of your choice to read the ad copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads