• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand there is an argument between large vs smaller wrist watches. But we need to be honest here and look at what's considered smaller vs modern norm vs large . It's anything under 39mm vs 39-41mm vs anything larger than 41mm. Many of us may not like the fact that the sports watch market has changed forever. Take a look at Rolex- they slowly updating most of their watches to larger case.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not left that period and I don't plan to. Watch in 40mm or more is opulent to my eyes.

I don't intend leaving that period, either. 42mm is the most I can carry off, and I don't intend ever going beyond that. 36-40mm is the best, however.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I understand there is an argument between large vs smaller wrist watches. But we need to be honest here and look at what's considered smaller vs modern norm vs large . It's anything under 39mm vs 39-41mm vs anything larger than 41mm. Many of us may not like the fact that the sports watch market has changed forever. Take a look at Rolex- they slowly updating most of their watches to larger case.
We also need to be honest that the proportions on the 41mm RO are off. It's simply not a well balanced watch. If given the choice between the 37mm and the 41mm, I'd go 37mm on that alone. Sometimes there's a lot more to a watch than simply the number for the diameter. Plus, we've seen the picture from the OP with the 37mm on his wrist and it looked quite handsome on him.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I think it's unfair to say one is right or wrong. Personally I like the 39mm RO. I would also wear the 41mm a la mode. And I have and do wear a 35mm watch.

There's nothing wrong with big watches compared to wrist size. Especially if you have a small penis.

(that was a joke...)

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's unfair to say one is right or wrong. Personally I like the 39mm RO. I would also wear the 41mm a la mode. And I have and do wear a 35mm watch.

There's nothing wrong with big watches compared to wrist size. Especially if you have a small penis.

(that was a joke...)
I did not see that coming...

(upon reflection, I suppose I could have chosen my words more carefully...)

tigerpac

Reaction score
FWIW, my wife has an AP 15450 that she loves. However if she grew tired of it, I'd throw the extra links in and give it a go. It's a great watch.

roomiller

Reaction score
I just wish we could have the RO 15400 in a 39mm variant. The jumbo is a niche watch, and I strongly dislike the AP-as-12 on the 15300. It really feels like the current lineup could use a medium size.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Agreed. As my preferred range is currently 35-45mm or somewhere in the middle, I can live with either. But when I tried them all side by side, it was the 39mm RO in the Goldilocks zone for me. The fact that I can't afford one and am currently wrestling my conscience over a PMW, should therefore be considered a liberation.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. As my preferred range is currently 35-45mm or somewhere in the middle, I can live with either. But when I tried them all side by side, it was the 39mm RO in the Goldilocks zone for me. The fact that I can't afford one and am currently wrestling my conscience over a PMW, should therefore be considered a liberation.

@mimo - what is a PMW?

The proportions of the AP 15450/15451 at 37mm are super. Wife has a 15451 that rarely leaves her wrist.

Can't get enough of the Patek Exhibition. Visiting again tomorrow.

Here is a write-up of my visit last week. I'd write down a lot of it myself, but why do that when I can have my good friend Adam Craniotes write it for me?

http://redbargroup.com/patek-philippe-takes-new-york/

If I may take credit for anything in this article, it's the crappy photo of Craniotes assembling the grand sonnerie via the VR platform.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Sinn U1 that I've had for a few years and my newly acquired U1 "Professional"

attachment.php

The Professional adds a domed sapphire, tegimented case, PVD bezel, and my favorite change - removal of the date! I don't know that I really need two U1s, but they do make an interesting pair. A lot of the folks on the WUS forum love that the new version doesn't have the red LEGO style hands but I actually miss them on this one.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Wonderful. My perverse mind wants to swap the bezels - might work rather well for both. But they're great as they are.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads