• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not interested in all those variants Omega constantly put out. Simple is best for me.

Was a completely unexpected gift from my sister for Christmas 2006. Sometime later, we nearly lost her to ovarian cancer, so the watch is even more precious to me now. Other watches may come and go in my collection, but that will be a constant for me.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Highly suspicious of Moser. They've become quite the darling maker on certain forums. Not that they are completely unappealing watches, but it feels like a similar phenomenon as with Hublot a few years back. I would put my money elsewhere.

at least they look 100 times better than Hublot...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've only seen Mosers in pictures and I actually like them. But until I see one in the flesh, I can't pull the trigger on it.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! It's Jean Rousseau. The process was quite fun, having Kelly Ann in the NYC atelier pull out all the different alligator hides and narrowing it down to just the right shade of blue, stitching etc. The manufacture has its own tannery, so there are some very unique colors if you go into the shop and order bespoke. It was then fitted with the stock buckle, installed (no scratches) and given only a single hole at the perfect length for my wrist. Highly recommended. I'm thinking of going back and getting my Speedy on some shark.

how do they compare to Camille Fournet (which I guess is what the standard JLC strap suppose to be anyway)?

OscarO

Reaction score
Watches are the only interest I have bigger than clothing. As you can see I tend do be drawn towards classical watches. Will be adding a watch on bracelet soon, not sure between ap 15202 or Patek 5711.
Current collection,
Breguet classique wg
IMG_1591.JPG

Blancpain villeret yg
IMG_4394.JPG

LeCoultre futurematic yg
Snapseed.jpg

Jean D'eve Sectora yg
IMG_2626.JPG

And all of them (at least the favorites)
Snapseed.jpg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watches are the only interest I have bigger than clothing. As you can see I tend do be drawn towards classical watches. Will be adding a watch on bracelet soon, not sure between ap 15202 or Patek 5711.
Current collection,
Breguet classique wg
View attachment 809788
Blancpain villeret yg
View attachment 809789
LeCoultre futurematic yg
View attachment 809791
Jean D'eve Sectora yg
View attachment 809792
View attachment 809793

Very handsome collection. You can't go wrong with a 15202 or a 5711. Those Genta designed watches have become iconic, and IMHO the 15202 and 5711 are among his best designs. The best thing to do is try each on and see which puts a bigger smile on your face. I prefer the design of the 15202, I like its history (being the watch that created the genre of high end steel luxury sport watches), so that is what I chose, but I'd be happy to add a 5711 at some point. Good luck with your decision.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do they compare to Camille Fournet (which I guess is what the standard JLC strap suppose to be anyway)?

Since you asked. Here's a high res side-by-side.

Shako (5 of 6).jpg Shako (6 of 6).jpg Shako (7 of 6).jpg Shako (8 of 6).jpg Shako (9 of 6).jpg Shako (10 of 6).jpg

As you can see, literally everything about the JR is just a bit nicer. That said, they don't force you to go with hand stitching, all belly scales, and a novel, textured tanning. The linings offered are supposed to be some kind of sweat-resistant calf. I imagine that would be the most noticeable long-term improvement. But only time will tell.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm temped! Though I got the stainless steel white face MUT Moon which as far as I can see still works best with black croc (yours has more potential to dress up or down)...

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Highly suspicious of Moser. They've become quite the darling maker on certain forums. Not that they are completely unappealing watches, but it feels like a similar phenomenon as with Hublot a few years back. I would put my money elsewhere.

Haha...well don't buy one then. But go on, I'll bite: what on Earth is the similarity between Moser and Hublot?! Moser is a small independent, Hublot is a division of a fashion empire; Moser makes Geneva-sealed understated dress watches with beautiful movements, Hublot makes brightly coloured dive watches for people who find RO Offshores too subtle; Moser is beloved of certain forum nerds indeed; Hublot as far as I can tell is widely derided by the same. But I'm happy to be corrected on any count!

I didn't like the i-Watch thing much, though art as protest has its place. But the other models that I've actually handled are pretty splendid in person. A little more weighty than a Patek or VC; more like a Lange in feel but with a delicate design aesthetic - Ferrier maybe?

If there's a down side it's the same as with any smaller maker: maybe they'll last, maybe they won't, and without any major brand power the resale value won't be great. But looking at used prices now, flipping one you've got half price new shouldn't be an issue. Anyway, each to his own. It's beyond me right now, and none of the models they have are just right for me anyway. But I'd be proud to own one - a couple of friends have them and are quite smitten.

at least they look 100 times better than Hublot...

Well, horses for courses. I wouldn't judge anyone who wants a giant carbon fibre RO-esque Tupac anniversary tribute; not everyone likes things that I like either, and I've even seen a couple of Hublots that I'd wear with a smirk. But...empirically speaking, I just can't see a comparison in style, ethos or quality between Hublot and Moser.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Current collection,
Breguet classique wg
View attachment 809788
Blancpain villeret yg
View attachment 809789
LeCoultre futurematic yg
View attachment 809791
Jean D'eve Sectora yg
View attachment 809792
View attachment 809793

That Jean D'eve watch looks so cool. And unlike a retrograde calendar, you can watch the retrograde function all day. Really, really neat.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, no wonder the BLNR is a forum favorite!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads