• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll go against the grain re: the date function. Although completely out of my price range, I love the look of the new DayDate 40mm, especially in yellow gold with gray dial, or better yet, rose gold with green dial (maybe a bit inconspicuous, I'll admit). Surely, it must project an image not everyone might be fond of, but hey! YOLO?
Agreed; though I wasn't a fan of the Day-Date II, the current version is a very lovely watch, indeed. It's not a must-have at the moment, but give me three decades or so and I'll be all over it.

I've tried on the rose gold with green, and it's sublime.

Also, the 36 mm platinum Day-Date must be one of the best buys out there on the secondary market. :)

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
New strap. Picked a color that matched the subdial and stitching that matched the dial.

Great combo, BH...I really like that. Nice job with the stitching in particular.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice strap. Aaron bespoke?

Thanks! It's Jean Rousseau. The process was quite fun, having Kelly Ann in the NYC atelier pull out all the different alligator hides and narrowing it down to just the right shade of blue, stitching etc. The manufacture has its own tannery, so there are some very unique colors if you go into the shop and order bespoke. It was then fitted with the stock buckle, installed (no scratches) and given only a single hole at the perfect length for my wrist. Highly recommended. I'm thinking of going back and getting my Speedy on some shark.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It's Jean Rousseau. The process was quite fun, having Kelly Ann in the NYC atelier pull out all the different alligator hides and narrowing it down to just the right shade of blue, stitching etc. The manufacture has its own tannery, so there are some very unique colors if you go into the shop and order bespoke. It was then fitted with the stock buckle, installed (no scratches) and given only a single hole at the perfect length for my wrist. Highly recommended. I'm thinking of going back and getting my Speedy on some shark.
I have heard nothing but good things about them. Had a friend just order a gator for his DD. They mailed him skin samples to choose from. Very professional and a lot more reasonable than I figured.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_9994.JPG
Good ole 86 today.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New strap.

Dark blue watch straps in matte alligator from Maison Rousseau seem to be dernier cri at the moment. Here is my one, which I received about five weeks ago. It was ordered from the London shop, but due to the unusual size, 24 down to 18 mm, was actually produced at the Paris workshop. It's the third strap Rousseau has made for me over maybe three years and I second BostonHedonist's opinion about the firm and their impeccable service.

Patek.PNG

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark blue watch straps in matte alligator from Maison Rousseau seem to be dernier cri at the moment. Here is my one, which I received about five weeks ago. It was ordered from the London shop, but due to the unusual size, 24 down to 18 mm, was actually produced at the Paris workshop. It's the third strap Rousseau has made for me over maybe three years and I second BostonHedonist's opinion about the firm and their impeccable service.

View attachment 809286

Very nice combination!:cheers:

You may be onto something. When I was in the NYC location another gentleman had brought his Calatrava in for a strap. After arriving with much different designs, he too seemed to have ultimately been swayed by the matte blue gator.

It really just is so very versatile.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 809286

Great strap and a beautiful Patek, The Gondolo is a nice change from the more frequently seen Calatravas!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Still is a very nice watch. It's easy to lose perspective with some of the wonders shared in this thread, so nice to see some treasured "real world luxury" now and then!

By the way...anyone want a Moser?

My AD is now down to four remaining and are ending their relationship: no brand status in this market and they just can't shift them. So, if anyone wants a cost price Moser & Cie, current options are:

Henry Double Hairspring, yellow gold, black dial
Monard, platinum, brown dial
Monard, white gold, grey dial
Monard Date, white gold, grey dial

All NIB from AD with warranty etc. There is a free trade agreement with the US so no import duties at all. Happy to make the arrangements at cost if anyone wants one.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Still is a very nice watch. It's easy to lose perspective with some of the wonders shared in this thread, so nice to see some treasured "real world luxury" now and then!

By the way...anyone want a Moser?

My AD is now down to four remaining and are ending their relationship: no brand status in this market and they just can't shift them. So, if anyone wants a cost price Moser & Cie, current options are:

Henry Double Hairspring, yellow gold, black dial
Monard, platinum, brown dial
Monard, white gold, grey dial
Monard Date, white gold, grey dial

All NIB from AD with warranty etc. There is a free trade agreement with the US so no import duties at all. Happy to make the arrangements at cost if anyone wants one.

Highly suspicious of Moser. They've become quite the darling maker on certain forums. Not that they are completely unappealing watches, but it feels like a similar phenomenon as with Hublot a few years back. I would put my money elsewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads