• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Omega speedy pro vs IWC pilot choreograph - petit prince ; which would you buy? I really love the Iwc , even though the speedy is an icon
1f615.png
As you can see above, I recently voted with my wallet. I cant imagine not picking the speedy if its in the running.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just backed Baltic. They knocked it out of the park.

The chronograph, I presume? I really like the blue gilt dial, but the slate gray dial looks great as well.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the iPhone app hairspring that uses the microphone and have similar features.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How quiet does it have to be for it to work?

Not sure what do you mean. I simply place the microphone on the under side of the watch and it works (on the bed). Don't seem to work on office desk ( noise and vibrations from computer).

atia2

Reaction score

How quiet does it have to be for it to work?

I just tried the Tickoprint app. I guess this is similar to Hairspring, which wouldn't open on my Android phone. It worked pretty well in a quiet office, in that it identified the correct beat rate and produced accuracy figures consistent with the last time my watch was on a Timegrapher. However, I had to put the area of the case closest to the balance wheel right next to the phone's microphone, and I couldn't get it to pick up a good enough signal in all positions. That's probably because the Reverso backplate and air gap attenuate the signal too much. Still, not bad for a free app and no special equipment.

Right, that was a good bit of procrastination! Back to work...

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about trading my sweet pumpkin patina 1680 for a 4-liner 14060m. Thoughts?

What would your reasoning be?

To each their own, I had a 14060m and just hated the bracelet. I now have a 114060 and it's incredible. I know many people prefer 5 digit Rolex references, I am personally not one of those people.

roomiller

Reaction score
Welcome back, gents!

Fun little story to bring y'all back from our temporary hiatus:

My best friend and I were at a friend of a friends housewarming party. We sequestered ourselves in a corner and had a beer or two. Eventually the story of me picking up my BLNR was told. I showed him some pictures and whatnot. He's not very into watches, but wears a vintage Omega that was his dad's and can at least recognize a brand or two. Eventually, he asks me how much it cost.

Me: Don't worry about it
Him: Come on - just give me a ball park
Me: Don't worry about it
Him: Over under?
Me: Fine
Him(thinking): $3500
Me(laughing): Over
Him: WHAT?! *proceeds to kinda freak out*

I thought it was great seeing him do some mental calculus to come up with a luxury watch price. Also just further proof that we're a bunch of weirdos, and I wouldn't change anything about it *beer clinking smiley that apparently doesn't exist in this new platform*

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would your reasoning be?

To each their own, I had a 14060m and just hated the bracelet. I now have a 114060 and it's incredible. I know many people prefer 5 digit Rolex references, I am personally not one of those people.

The 1680s were delivered on the old style bracelet so there wouldn't be much of a change for him other than a newer bracelet may have less "Stretch." than some of the old bracelets.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about trading my sweet pumpkin patina 1680 for a 4-liner 14060m. Thoughts?

I think we would need to know why you are considering making the trade?

One issue to consider, is if you really like your 1680 (and if its in really nice shape), it may be tough to obtain another in the same or better condition for less money (in the event you experience seller's remorse).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads