• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Delicious

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon 925/1 (2016 with the new rotor)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YES PLZ

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Berry prittay!

Sunstealer73

Reaction score
My new Omega Planet Ocean came in today. This is the 43.5mm model with ceramic blue dial and bezel and 8900 movement. After reading some reviews, I was a little worried about the thickness and weight, but it is fine. The photo makes it look bigger than it is on my 7" wrist. In real life, I have about 2 1/2 links showing on either side. The curved lugs really help it wear a little smaller. The color varies from almost a light cobalt in the sun to gunmetal in low light like this photo.

MrEleven1181

Reaction score
I recently did a couple of Rolex GMT reviews if anyone is interested take a look 116710ln review

And the 116713ln review

Looking at my next watch early 2017 still deciding between the Rolex 116718ln or else AP 15710 plus I'll add steel bracelet would would you pick and why please ?

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recently did a couple of Rolex GMT reviews if anyone is interested take a look 116710ln review

And the 116713ln review

Looking at my next watch early 2017 still deciding between the Rolex 116718ln or else AP 15710 plus I'll add steel bracelet would would you pick and why please ?

I will have a look at the reviews later but it would be the AP for me anytime over the Rolex if I were to choose from the two watches. I prefer the AP with a strap but if you like bracelets then that is fine.

For me the difference is like it would be between a Mercedes or Aston Martin because IMHO PP, VC and AP are the three kings when it comes to watches.

papa kot

Reaction score
I will have a look at the reviews later but it would be the AP for me anytime over the Rolex if I were to choose from the two watches. I prefer the AP with a strap but if you like bracelets then that is fine.

For me the difference is like it would be between a Mercedes or Aston Martin because IMHO PP, VC and AP are the three kings when it comes to watches.

+1

While there is nothing wrong with Rolex, there are more refined and interesting pieces out there. What's your budget? :)

MrEleven1181

Reaction score
My limit is probably 20k but I'm very fussy with watches the GMT is the only Rolex I like that's why I was looking at the solid gold version, I originally went to try on the AP 15400 but really didn't like it the dial just didn't impress me and then I tried on the AP Diver and loves it. I usually hate divers and then started to look at some photos online and loved the look of them on a bracelet.
Also looked at pp aquanaut but didn't like it too thin and not sporty enough for me personally. I know AP is a clear upgrade to Rolex but I love just how well built Rolex is and how robust they are, seen a lot of story's about how delicate AP can be. So still undecided solid gold Rolex GMT or steel AP diver

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get the solid gold rolex man, hands down. Alternatively you could try the rose gold black ceramic watchmaster on rubber strap. That rose gold is really baller looking when contrasted with the rubber.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

My limit is probably 20k but I'm very fussy with watches the GMT is the only Rolex I like that's why I was looking at the solid gold version, I originally went to try on the AP 15400 but really didn't like it the dial just didn't impress me and then I tried on the AP Diver and loves it. I usually hate divers and then started to look at some photos online and loved the look of them on a bracelet.
Also looked at pp aquanaut but didn't like it too thin and not sporty enough for me personally. I know AP is a clear upgrade to Rolex but I love just how well built Rolex is and how robust they are, seen a lot of story's about how delicate AP can be. So still undecided solid gold Rolex GMT or steel AP diver

Sounds like you've all but talked yourself out of the AP already. Just because AP is an upgrade from Rolex doesn't mean that you HAVE to get one just cause you can. Sounds like Rolex works better for your lifestyle and there is sure as heck nothing wrong with sticking with Rolex. I'd rather get something I really like that works for me from Rolex than spend the same money for something that doesn't work as well just because the brand is perceived to be "better". The best brand is the one that works best for you IMO.

MrEleven1181

Reaction score
To be honest I'm leaning towards the AP tried both watches on and loved both but think if I get the GMT I'll just wish I had the AP but if I get the AP I'll already have two GMTs ss and tt so think I'll happily wait another year before I make another watch buy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads