• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlashmanH

Reaction score
Yup, agree...I think both the LF and the UJS are elegant but they have very different aesthetics. I consider the LF to be similar to Patek (no surprise given his background) while the UJS would be more Lange...the UJS definitely gets noticed much much more.

Also, agree on H. Moser..love their perpetual calendar.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breitling Avenger Seawolf Chrono Blacksteel "Code Orange" - Could there be a more butch name for a watch?:cool:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Well, I just googled it, and I must say that it's a fairly butch-looking piece.

At least they didn't try to fit that entire name on the dial :)

SteveH35

Reaction score
@FlashmanH Great collection! I love those pieces.

Any AP Millenary fans here? This one is further proof that if you are willing to look back a few years you can find some incredibly cool, under-appreciated pieces. Retail on this one was $330k!!

FlashmanH

Reaction score
Thanks @SteveH35

I know this watch has garnered a lot of interest on this forum already...probably my easiest to wear "nice" watch. Goes with almost everything and looks outstanding...not a time-only watch, but I traded the seconds hand for a date window! And, the bracelet is incredibly comfortable...for those who have not handled this, the watch looks much much more impressive in person than in photos

AP Royal Oak Jumbo

And, a hairy wrist shot...

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Yes, I like the Millenary :hide:

Guilty as charged ... though I would certainly never spend that kind of $$$ on one. That's crazy.

And way to bring the heat, FlashmanH. Welcome.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@FlashmanH Great collection! I love those pieces.

Any AP Millenary fans here? This one is further proof that if you are willing to look back a few years you can find some incredibly cool, under-appreciated pieces. Retail on this one was $330k!!
Not really a Millenary guy. Not sure why, as I tend to like non-round cases. The only Millenary that I really liked was their Star Wheel version. One of my friends, who likes jumping hour style watches, had one and it was a beauty.

Thanks @SteveH35

I know this watch has garnered a lot of interest on this forum already...probably my easiest to wear "nice" watch. Goes with almost everything and looks outstanding...not a time-only watch, but I traded the seconds hand for a date window! And, the bracelet is incredibly comfortable...for those who have not handled this, the watch looks much much more impressive in person than in photos

AP Royal Oak Jumbo
Welcome! You definitely have some beautiful watches in your collection, I really like the LF. I love my RO Jumbo, and have said if I had to have just one watch for everything, I think this could be it. Its so versatile that it looks great paired with jeans and a T-shirt or a suit. Its been my daily wearer for nearly 4 years, hogging more wrist time than probably all of my other watches combined.

BTW, mine says hello
cheers.gif

Last edited:

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting article in the BBC news today about British watchmaking

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36902222

As a Garrick owner I appreciate this article, the smaller manufacturers do not have the marketing clout of the big Swiss and luxury brand owned companies. FYI when commissioning my Shaftesbury and since I have had interesting discussions with David Brailsford about its manufacture and design and have in fact changed the crown shape since it was delivered. I am wearing it now and it fills a gap between my "dress" watches and "sports" ones useful for everyday office work.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As a Garrick owner I appreciate this article, the smaller manufacturers do not have the marketing clout of the big Swiss and luxury brand owned companies. FYI when commissioning my Shaftesbury and since I have had interesting discussions with David Brailsford about its manufacture and design and have in fact changed the crown shape since it was delivered. I am wearing it now and it fills a gap between my "dress" watches and "sports" ones useful for everyday office work.

Thank you for sharing and glad you are enjoying the British craftsmanship.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday, everyone!

And it's a very casual one for me today:

Although I thought this type of strap looked awful on the 116520 — and still do, for that matter — I don't hate it on the older version for some reason. What do you guys figure?

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Eh. I don't know, Belli. Hate's too strong a word, but I'm not really feeling it either :eh:

If you're wanting to switch things up and go leather, maybe try something that's more like a perforated, racing-style look?

Or, in a completely different direction.... I've always kinda liked this combo with the Rubber B (obviously this is a black dial Daytona, and not my pic):

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the Radomir 1940 Oro Rosso?

I've been wanting a timepiece in a precious metal (rose gold because I find yellow gold to be too garish for me), and after trying the Panerai on at the AD, I can't get it off my mind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads