• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
I've noticed that almost everyone wants oversized watches when they start getting into them, then most tastes seem to develop toward preferring more-traditional sizing.

I'm glad I held onto my 356, even though I initially thought it too small. The big watches got stale fast, and I've never missed them since they were gone.

So true. And I'm really bummed that I sold my 356 even though I do think it's a tad small. I bought it in 2001 direct from a German dealer. It was less than half the price of the only US Sinn AD at the time. I sold it in 2010 for a great deal more than I paid but now 6 years later, I wish I kept it.

These days I don't have a chronograph in the rotation and I keep lusting after the IWC 3713 Doppelchrono. I've been half-heartedly looking for one for years now. At 41-42mm, I think its the perfect size pilot's chrono. Maybe one of these days...

firenze_rob

Reaction score

Wow.  Great collection you've got there.  Saw an unworn Mark XV with box and papers earlier in the week and it sold in 24 hours.  Anyway, looking to thin out AND add at the same time?  

Well...i'm looking to simplify. And by simplify I mean paying for a Journe. Also, I think it's time to put away the sports watches of youth.

firenze_rob

Reaction score

These days I don't have a chronograph in the rotation and I keep lusting after the IWC 3713 Doppelchrono. I've been half-heartedly looking for one for years now. At 41-42mm, I think its the perfect size pilot's chrono. Maybe one of these days...

I had a 3713 Spitfire which was pretty cool. But the layout of the dual pushers was awkward on the wrist. Also, I find myself rarely timing one thing, let along two.

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I think I get it. There's a certain appeal to consolidation at some point.

Anything that doesn't get worn at least semi-regularly... why not find a new home, or make room for something you love?

Less can really be more sometimes. Good luck.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif
I snagged that Mark XV

Nice pickup. Enjoy it. Cool that it's almost a decade old but completely unworn.

Well...i'm looking to simplify. And by simplify I mean paying for a Journe. Also, I think it's time to put away the sports watches of youth.

Youth? How old are you?
wink.gif
I hear you though. Going after a piece like that, depending on your budget and means of couse, would mean that it probably should see significant wrist time. That's why in part why I've held off on some of the watches you're selling. Would rather just put the money towards a Lange. You really do have some nice pieces there though and you definitely have good taste.

I think I get it. There's a certain appeal to consolidation at some point.

Anything that doesn't get worn at least semi-regularly... why not find a new home, or make room for something you love?

Less can really be more sometimes. Good luck.

A lot of the watches I want probably wouldn't see more wrist time than what I currently own. On top of that they'd also take away wrist time from the watches that I already own and love. Love my Reverso, but my Geophysic has really given me pause to think I could live with just that watch it's so versatile.

Tuck16

Reaction score
After staying content with my collection for a few years, I started the search again. I didn't have any specific parameters, just looking something that I would find as personally enjoyable as my current set of watches. I've found two items that really capture two parts of this hobby that I find so enjoyable, and figured I would share.

First, video about the hand-made, personal nature of a Dornblueth watch:

And second, the Hodinkee article about the extreme precision and research Rolex devotes to its watches: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/inside-rolex

Two very different approaches to watchmaking, but both very fun to learn more about.

iLuveketchup

Reaction score
BTW - I'm thinning the heard a bit and wanted to gauge interest. I plan to sell:

2. Speedmaster Pro 3594.50

I think i've posted pics of all of these before on here. Would prefer local deal in NYC if possible. Message me for more details.
Interested in the 3594. Are there any corrosion on the hands?

firenze_rob

Reaction score

Youth?  How old are you?  ;)   I hear you though.  Going after a piece like that, depending on your budget and means of couse, would mean that it probably should see significant wrist time.  That's why in part why I've held off on some of the watches you're selling.  Would rather just put the money towards a Lange.  You really do have some nice pieces there though and you definitely have good taste.

A lot of the watches I want probably wouldn't see more wrist time than what I currently own.  On top of that they'd also take away wrist time from the watches that I already own and love.  Love my Reverso, but my Geophysic has really given me pause to think I could live with just that watch it's so versatile.  

I fully encourage you to indulge in purchasing all of my stuff!

I just find myself gravitating to the same stuff, sports chronos from the 60s and 70s. Looking to change it up.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
A lot of temptation there...both are just such great deals, and so distinctive.

Today, new fast food place open...@no frills made me do it...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharpro78