• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pmeis

Reaction score
I really like this one, though out of my price range.
View attachment 2253083

I'll join you in the small minority, I like this generation of the 1159 as well, though why you would sell a 41mm time only watch on a rubber/textile strap and not give it more than 30mm WR is beyond me. A 38mm version with a suitable preowned or grey market discount would be something high on my list.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody knows what's going on here. The Federal Election Commission needs to give the Trump campaign a call.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saudis are going to order 1,000 of those $100k watches.

"We're not bribing Trump! We're just buying some nice gold watches."
The watches are a limited edition of 147! Of course, when demand for such a fine horological specimen outstrips supply, Trump will need to produce watches in pink gold and white gold as well. Maybe platinum for the true high rollers who require nothing but "the best."

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn't feel new. The tribute-style Reverso has been around for years. The 1931 tribute is awesome, but I also love the duoface annual calendar. Hard to want a tribute when a few grand extra gets you basically a second watch, a complication, and travel time functionality.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only time she has every done anything of even limited value! Mainly because it didn't requiring thinking or speaking.

I really like it. I'm curious about the new smaller size. I liked the size of the old monoface Tribute, but rectangular watches tend to wear larger than round watches so I'm sure the slightly small case will work better on a lot of wrists.

I didn't mind the small seconds, but this dial is certainly cleaner without it. I love their dark blue dial. It looks stunning in person. I think the only think I didn't like is that weird textured strap, but I know the boutique would happily swap it out or give me an additional alligator strap. I remember they offered to do that in the past when I looked at a Reverso. In addition, I prefer the engine turned engraving style that was previously used on the flat part of the carriage under the watch, rather than this sun ray style engraving they have been using for several years. However, both are small issues.

I like and respect @Kaplan , but I disagree with his assessment of the dial and hands. While we all know the watch's sporting history/origins, I would guess these days the percentage of people actually wearing a Reverso mainly as a sports watch is significantly less than those than wearing a Submariner or Seamaster to dive. I can see that for some people the hands dress it up, and a standard sword shape hand would be more simple. However, I like the dauphine hands far more than the original syringe hands on some of the original Tribute pieces. In addition, I like the applied hour markers so much more than the painted hour markers and faux-tina of earlier models. To me the painted hour markers with faux-tina just seems like sad gimmickry to further tie the watch to its history. Most people interested in a Reverso know it's origins, and don't need faux-tina to be reminded that the design is nearly 100 years old. I also like the applied hour markers more than their Arabic numerals which seem to be the most bland font of all time. Only on a handful of older models such as this WG Sun Moon had a more interesting font for the numerals. It's still a watch I'd need to try on in person, but it's currently my favorite current Reverso.

DSC_0170.jpg

Most times they use this rather dull font. Below is the same watch in rose gold.

WechatIMG8497-scaled.jpeg
I agree with you that a modern version of a Reverso doesn't *have* to lean into the rugged or sporty - but personally I just prefer when they do (but then I feel that most modern Rolexes are too blingy as well). And no faux patina please.

My dad got that exact WG Sun Moon Reverso a couple of years ago.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JLC needs to stop being cheap and offer the new Reverso's on gatorskin straps. All of the new Reverso releases have been on that ugly fabric strap.
I think they're only using the fabric straps on the monoface models with white dial. All others are on croc or calf straps. Nevertheless, I agree that they need to move away from those cheap (looking not in price) straps.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they're only using the fabric straps on the monoface models with white dial. All others are on croc or calf straps. Nevertheless, I agree that they need to move away from those cheap (looking not in price) straps.
It's all of the new Reversos that came out the past 2-3 years are on the ugly fabric strap. Only exception is the LE enamel that's like $100k+ or whatever it costs.

Pulled directly from the JLC site.

1727454826072.png

1727454867649.png
1727454905774.png

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn't feel new. The tribute-style Reverso has been around for years. The 1931 tribute is awesome, but I also love the duoface annual calendar. Hard to want a tribute when a few grand extra gets you basically a second watch, a complication, and travel time functionality.
Personally, for me the draw is that the monoface is thinner, and it looks and wears differently on the wrist because of that. I find the Duo clunky, and even if one dial is attractive (they always stick it to you with a really bland or ugly dial on the other side).
My dad got that exact WG Sun Moon Reverso a couple of years ago.
That's a great watch and a very wearable size! I nearly bought the rose gold version, but went with a RG VC Historiques. I would already have added a rg Sun Moon if it had the same font as the wg.

symphvaria

Reaction score
I don't know if you've handled a Reverso IRL, but those complications make the Reverso absurdly thick and bulky. Maybe you're fine with that, but I'd prefer not to walk around with 13mm of metal sticking off my wrist.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolev