• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you use a manufacturer error as a marketing tool
It's odd to me that they chose a base reference where the minute track is actually in the correct place (eg outside the hour markers).

If you are creating an unusable watch, you may as well leverage your trademark inner minute ring to add that extra oomph of style over design.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_2086.jpeg

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mb&f perp cal and Gronefeld both **** out at the sothebys auction a few days ago.

Pretty cool if the perp cal gets under 100k used.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KevM

Reaction score
Of ones you listed I love the titanium Yachtmaster, and I've never been interested in that model before until they offered it in that metal. I would have loved to see Rolex unveil something else in titanium, like the new GMT with the black and gray bezel, rather than simply adding one more steel model.

The gold Overseas with green dial looks nice, but some how as other's mentioned it already feels like they were a year or so late to the green dial party. Plus, I can't help but wonder if it would look better with yellow gold, or a less rose colored gold. Perhaps if they did something like the "Sand gold" that AP recently unveiled.
I really agree on the titanium yacht. one of the watches my AD has told me 0% chance. At least they’ll lie to on other pieces.

Last edited:

pmeis

Reaction score
Some truly tragic releases this year, but this is a special kind of awful.

Design brief: “Start with a Hublot and then make it uglier, much uglier…”
The fact that they are priced above $11k is… a head scratcher.

I kind of like them, not $11k like them, but at like $6k...

The pricing somewhat makes sense relative to the price of the regular Defy Skyline at $9200. Same movement, 500m more water resistance, a ceramic rotating bezel and an additional strap. Of course the price of the regular Defy Skyline is a questionable basis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads