• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine that you're a high-roller eager to show off this watch to your Redbar buddies. Then you get to the meetup and see a middle-class Manhattanite wearing the same watch. Oh, the shame.
But at least you drove up to the meatup in a blue 911 GT3 with a modified exhaust to be extra loud to announce you're arriving!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But at least you drove up to the meatup in a blue 911 GT3 with a modified exhaust to be extra loud to announce you're arriving!
Edited the original post to emphasize how low-class this guy is.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
The 41mm BB shows how well Tudor understands the market.
They have the 39mm models for the small-wrist nerds who talk about watches all day on forums.
And now they have the 41mm model that looks exactly like the Submariner* for the regular people who want a normal looking modern watch.
*fugly handset notwithstanding

Tudor-Black-Bay-METAS-black-WAW2024-2.jpg
For that matter, I would prefer a real reissue of their Submariner rather than a frankenBBsub with (indeed) their inevitable « snow flake » hands that I find hideous.
And the gold model? Antinomic for Tudor who started as a working class Rolex.

Pretty disappointed with the new releases from all brands, at least the ones I could buy. Only eventually interested with the « Bruce Wayne » GMT.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
their inevitable « snow flake » hands that I find hideous.

I like the stuff Tudor has done recently (classic designs, trending down in size, actually being available to buy), but I can't get over how much I hate the snowflake hand.

If they ever ditched it in favor of a sword hands (a la the MilSub) I'd be all over Tudor like @mossrockss is with Omega

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I like the stuff Tudor has done recently (classic designs, trending down in size, actually being available to buy), but I can't get over how much I hate the snowflake hand.

If they ever ditched it in favor of a sword hands (a la the MilSub) I'd be all over Tudor like @mossrockss is with Omega
I was close to buy a BB54 last year, but finally didn’t because… those. Too bad because like you I like their stuff.
I was hoping for a smaller size Ranger, a Tudor model that hasn’t snowflakes, but not yet. (Might be released in 36 or 37mm later this year).

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like all of these too
Of ones you listed I love the titanium Yachtmaster, and I've never been interested in that model before until they offered it in that metal. I would have loved to see Rolex unveil something else in titanium, like the new GMT with the black and gray bezel, rather than simply adding one more steel model.

The gold Overseas with green dial looks nice, but some how as other's mentioned it already feels like they were a year or so late to the green dial party. Plus, I can't help but wonder if it would look better with yellow gold, or a less rose colored gold. Perhaps if they did something like the "Sand gold" that AP recently unveiled.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My personal favourite, so far, is the platinum Santos Dumont with the carnelian dial.

Oh, and the hands and indices are counter-clockwise!

View attachment 2164325

You need to be able to perform mental gymnastics in order to read the time - or carry a mirror
When you use a manufacturer error as a marketing tool

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads